All so quiet
It was all hush, hush when Huntingdonshire s environmental health officers were given an award for their work educating the people of the county about noise issues. The recognition, which was given by the Noise Abatement Society at an awards ceremony in t
It was all hush, hush when Huntingdonshire's environmental health officers were given an award for their work educating the people of the county about noise issues.
The recognition, which was given by the Noise Abatement Society at an awards ceremony in the House of Commons, praised Huntingdonshire District Council's noise education programme.
The council was presented with the society's Highly Commended John Connell award for 2006 by Celia Barlow MP for its 'Sound is essential, excess noise is a nuisance' initiative.
Members of the environmental health team visited a number of schools in the county and worked with teaching staff to help promote noise awareness to young people through demonstrations, experiments and competitions.
You may also want to watch:
John Allan, HDC's neighbourhoods intervention manager, alongside Councillor Mike Simpson, accepted the award.
Cllr Simpson said: "I am delighted all the hard work has paid off and receiving this award has recognised the previously unsung efforts of people involved. It was a truly memorable experience for the team to attend the House of Commons."
- 1 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 2 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 3 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 4 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 5 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 6 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 7 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 8 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 9 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 10 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
Dr Susan Lammin, head of environmental and community health services added: "I am thrilled officers have been awarded for their outstanding contribution to noise education for children."
n Pictured from left are Aaron Morley, Dr Susan Lammin, John Allan, Sue Merry and Cllr Mike Simpson.