All set for a Rockin show
FESTIVAL PREVIEW: ROCKINBEERFEST – FULL LINE UP ANNOUNCED The full Rockinbeerfest line up for this summer s festival has been announced. Now in its third year, and very much a permanent fixture in the summer music programme, this year s three-day event
FESTIVAL PREVIEW: ROCKINBEERFEST - FULL LINE UP ANNOUNCED
The full Rockinbeerfest line up for this summer's festival has been announced.
Now in its third year, and very much a permanent fixture in the summer music programme, this year's three-day event continues the fine work of the first two, offering a good mix of local, national, signed and unsigned talent.
St Ives regulars After 4 are set to open the festival on Friday, August 18, followed swiftly by my band, local quirky four-piece, Dear Old Blighty.
Mediablackout from St Neots follow, before Who tribute act Who's Next take to the stage. Helium Soul and Danny Bryant are followed by the first major act of the festival, 70's rockers Eddie and the Hotrods.
Touring blues cover band The Hamsters, massively popular world-wide are next up, and headlining the first night is pub-rock legend Wilko Johnson.
- 1 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 2 Woman who could barely walk is taking part in cycling event after shedding 19 stones
- 3 Philip Pope named mayor of St Ives for a second time
- 4 New organic coffee shop opens in St Neots
- 5 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 6 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 7 A14 westbound reopens after crash caused 7 miles of delays
- 8 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Bosses warn of 'choppy waters' ahead for health trust
- 10 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
Saturday sees unsigned talent Morph, Litmus, Badger (featuring Rocktech chairman Paul Maguire on keyboards), The Soul Kitchen, Innes Sibun and Larry Miller take to the stage, before the ever-excellent Medicine Hat entertain the early evening crowd.
Last year, Deborah Bonham stepped in at short notice, and the sister of Led Zeppelin drummer John wowed the audiences with a stunning set, and she returns this year.
Headlining Saturday night this year will be the legendary band, The Blockheads. The former backing band to the late, great Ian Dury, are highly regarded as one of the tightest live acts in the country and their set is much anticipated.
Sunday is a slightly mellower affair, with Mostly Autumn headlining, and The Bluehorses, Split Whiskers, UXL and The Fondas also on the bill.
However, local ska band Big 10 will no doubt liven things up with their energetic set, and cult hero John Otway is an added treat.
All in all, this looks set to be another great year at the Rockinbeerfest, and before all of that on the Thursday (August 17) it's the end of week Rocktech concert performed by children who have been involved in the weeks musical tuition, more information on that nearer the time.
INFORMATION: Rockinbeerfest 06 at Wood Green Animal Shelter Britten Arena, The Kings Bush Centre, Godmanchester. Festival runs from August 18 to 20. Tickets available from the hotline, 0845 299 0845.