Alconbury bus service saved thanks to Laine
ALCONBURY Parish Council would like to pass on its sincere thanks to its county councillors, but especially Cllr Laine Kadic who worked tirelessly to find funding for this replacement service.
Laine fully understood how residents in the village would suffer when Stagecoach withdrew its 46 service to Alconbury and Alconbury Weston. Many elderly and vulnerable residents would have been stranded in the village, unable to reach Huntingdon or Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
We are fully aware that some people wanted an hourly bus service from the village, regardless of whether they used a bus or not, but that was not viable. The new service, 46A, that Laine Kadic has arranged with Nene and Ouse (until March 31, 2013) has seven buses travelling to Huntingdon and six returning, which should prove sufficient for the needs of most who will use it.
We, the parish council and Laine, will continue to work together to ensure that funding is found for the year from April 2013.
Thanks to Laine for all that she does on our behalf.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 4 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 5 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 6 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 7 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 8 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 9 7 of the prettiest villages in Huntingdonshire
- 10 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
Alconbury Parish Council