Alconbury A1(M) fatal motorbike crash victim named
THE identity of a biker who died on the A1(M) near Alconbury at the weekend has been released by police. John Mark Surridge, 59, of Lady Somerset Road, London died on Saturday after his Harley Davidson collided with two other bikes on the northbound carr
THE identity of a biker who died on the A1(M) near Alconbury at the weekend has been released by police.
John Mark Surridge, 59, of Lady Somerset Road, London died on Saturday after his Harley Davidson collided with two other bikes on the northbound carriageway at 1.50pm.
Cambridgeshire police said the man was riding with a group of up to 30 bikers heading towards Peterborough when the crash took place.
Officers said the man suffered serious head, chest and internal injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed while paramedics attempted to save the man's life. He was given CPR but he later died at Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge.
A Magpas doctor and critical care paramedic attended the scene in the air ambulance.
- 1 Woman left with a ‘bloodied nose’ in Huntingdon
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Jail for Fenstanton man who groomed teenager
- 4 Volunteers needed for memorial nature reserve
- 5 Family pay tribute to great grandfather who died in Buckden Road crash
- 6 Secret Garden Party to return after five years
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Do you remember the old Megatron at Alconbury?
- 9 Woman in her 60s 'remains in serious condition' after B1514 crash
- 10 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said two other motorcyclists suffered slight injuries. These were a 45-year-old man from Essex and a 58-year-old man from Kent who were taken by ambulance to Peterborough District Hospital.
INFORMATION: Anyone with information about the collision is asked to contact Pc Dave Paul on 0345 4564564.