Alconbury A1(M) fatal motorbike crash victim named
THE identity of a biker who died on the A1(M) near Alconbury at the weekend has been released by police. John Mark Surridge, 59, of Lady Somerset Road, London died on Saturday after his Harley Davidson collided with two other bikes on the northbound carr
THE identity of a biker who died on the A1(M) near Alconbury at the weekend has been released by police.
John Mark Surridge, 59, of Lady Somerset Road, London died on Saturday after his Harley Davidson collided with two other bikes on the northbound carriageway at 1.50pm.
Cambridgeshire police said the man was riding with a group of up to 30 bikers heading towards Peterborough when the crash took place.
Officers said the man suffered serious head, chest and internal injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed while paramedics attempted to save the man's life. He was given CPR but he later died at Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge.
A Magpas doctor and critical care paramedic attended the scene in the air ambulance.
- 1 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 2 Harrowing video warning from seriously ill 20-year-old who survived Covid
- 3 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 4 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 5 First patients in St Ives to receive Covid-19 vaccination
- 6 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 7 Here's your 'thank you' messages for school staff
- 8 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 9 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 10 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said two other motorcyclists suffered slight injuries. These were a 45-year-old man from Essex and a 58-year-old man from Kent who were taken by ambulance to Peterborough District Hospital.
INFORMATION: Anyone with information about the collision is asked to contact Pc Dave Paul on 0345 4564564.