Air rifle is used for attack on cat
AN AIR rifle was used to attack Claire Geeves and Colin Savage s pet cat Matlock. The couple, who live in Hail Weston High Street, noticed something was wrong with him when he returned home one evening last week. Miss Geeves, 38, said: We let Matlock out
AN AIR rifle was used to attack Claire Geeves and Colin Savage's pet cat Matlock.
The couple, who live in Hail Weston High Street, noticed something was wrong with him when he returned home one evening last week.
Miss Geeves, 38, said: "We let Matlock out all the time but on this occasion it was immediately apparent something was wrong.
"He let out an horrendous howl when he went to get up and every time he tried to move there was a terrible mewing.
"First of all we thought he had been bitten, but when we took him to the vets it became apparent he had been shot with an air rifle."
They also received a vet bill of £180 for four-year-old Matlock's treatment.
- 1 Air Ambulance is called to serious crash on London Road in St Ives
- 2 Woman dies in crash on London Road in St Ives
- 3 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 4 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 5 House set alight in Brampton
- 6 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 7 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 8 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Pedestrian killed crossing road
Miss Geeves added: "It is an absolutely atrocious thing to do. He has been affected by what has happened and has kept us up all night, not wanting to be left alone."
A spokesman for the RSPCA eastern region said: "Unfortunately this type of incident is all too common.
"There were 59 reported weapons attacks on animals last year in the eastern region alone, with the majority on wild birds but a significant number on cats."
INFORMATION: To report animal cruelty to the RSPCA call 0870 5555 999.