Air rifle is used for attack on cat
AN AIR rifle was used to attack Claire Geeves and Colin Savage s pet cat Matlock. The couple, who live in Hail Weston High Street, noticed something was wrong with him when he returned home one evening last week. Miss Geeves, 38, said: We let Matlock out
AN AIR rifle was used to attack Claire Geeves and Colin Savage's pet cat Matlock.
The couple, who live in Hail Weston High Street, noticed something was wrong with him when he returned home one evening last week.
Miss Geeves, 38, said: "We let Matlock out all the time but on this occasion it was immediately apparent something was wrong.
"He let out an horrendous howl when he went to get up and every time he tried to move there was a terrible mewing.
You may also want to watch:
"First of all we thought he had been bitten, but when we took him to the vets it became apparent he had been shot with an air rifle."
They also received a vet bill of £180 for four-year-old Matlock's treatment.
- 1 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 2 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Do you have items of history for nostalgia group?
- 5 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 6 Tudor history and famous Chinese Bridge in Godmanchester
- 7 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 8 Event to remember village's war hero
- 9 St Neots Town get new boss as Corr takes up Cambridge post
- 10 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
Miss Geeves added: "It is an absolutely atrocious thing to do. He has been affected by what has happened and has kept us up all night, not wanting to be left alone."
A spokesman for the RSPCA eastern region said: "Unfortunately this type of incident is all too common.
"There were 59 reported weapons attacks on animals last year in the eastern region alone, with the majority on wild birds but a significant number on cats."
INFORMATION: To report animal cruelty to the RSPCA call 0870 5555 999.