Actions not words’
MEMBERS of St Neots and District Conservative Forum are disappointed that the majority party on the town council is not showing the town the leadership that it deserves. The situation seems to have developed where, despite having 13 of the 18 members on t
MEMBERS of St Neots and District Conservative Forum are disappointed that the majority party on the town council is not showing the town the leadership that it deserves.
The situation seems to have developed where, despite having 13 of the 18 members on the council, the Liberal Democrats would rather commission reports and steering groups to investigate ideas and possibilities. We have to remember that this is a party elected on a list of aspirations and a plan for St Neots. We would like to know how many of these aspirations have been put into practice.
The Liberal Democrats seem more interested in raising tax, spending thousands of pounds of public money on town plans, but doing nothing in reality and establishing "champions" of policy areas over which the town has no jurisdiction.
The electorate of St Neots was promised so much last May and, nearly 10 months on, there has been absolutely no progress made. We have a weak leader, who made weak promises and who trots out weak excuses. This town deserves better.
You may also want to watch:
Leader, St Neots and District Conservative Forum
- 1 Not one, but possibly two viaducts for St Neots!
- 2 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
- 3 Nurses Day 2021: You thank our dedicated Hunts nurses for their care
- 4 Paedophile exposed in undercover police operation
- 5 Woman stole from terminally-ill mother
- 6 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 7 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone
- 8 Pasco Hussain is named as the new mayor of St Ives
- 9 Metro is off the cards says new mayor Dr Nik Johnson
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'