Actions not words’
MEMBERS of St Neots and District Conservative Forum are disappointed that the majority party on the town council is not showing the town the leadership that it deserves. The situation seems to have developed where, despite having 13 of the 18 members on t
MEMBERS of St Neots and District Conservative Forum are disappointed that the majority party on the town council is not showing the town the leadership that it deserves.
The situation seems to have developed where, despite having 13 of the 18 members on the council, the Liberal Democrats would rather commission reports and steering groups to investigate ideas and possibilities. We have to remember that this is a party elected on a list of aspirations and a plan for St Neots. We would like to know how many of these aspirations have been put into practice.
The Liberal Democrats seem more interested in raising tax, spending thousands of pounds of public money on town plans, but doing nothing in reality and establishing "champions" of policy areas over which the town has no jurisdiction.
The electorate of St Neots was promised so much last May and, nearly 10 months on, there has been absolutely no progress made. We have a weak leader, who made weak promises and who trots out weak excuses. This town deserves better.
You may also want to watch:
Leader, St Neots and District Conservative Forum
- 1 Huntingdon home to one of the most 'luxurious' breakfasts in the UK
- 2 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 3 Giant elephant and free rides at Huntingdon Fun Day
- 4 Sewer network improvements in £600k investment for St Neots
- 5 Group charged in connection with Rutland Cycling burglary
- 6 Widow, 80, cleans blocked drain in Buckden after 'several floods'
- 7 Pigeons still roosting on old A14 bridge despite preventative mesh
- 8 Alconbury to benefit from £200,000 flood protection funding
- 9 Four dogs rescued after being abandoned on A14
- 10 Rural theft cost Cambridgeshire £2 million in 2020