Actions not words’
MEMBERS of St Neots and District Conservative Forum are disappointed that the majority party on the town council is not showing the town the leadership that it deserves. The situation seems to have developed where, despite having 13 of the 18 members on t
MEMBERS of St Neots and District Conservative Forum are disappointed that the majority party on the town council is not showing the town the leadership that it deserves.
The situation seems to have developed where, despite having 13 of the 18 members on the council, the Liberal Democrats would rather commission reports and steering groups to investigate ideas and possibilities. We have to remember that this is a party elected on a list of aspirations and a plan for St Neots. We would like to know how many of these aspirations have been put into practice.
The Liberal Democrats seem more interested in raising tax, spending thousands of pounds of public money on town plans, but doing nothing in reality and establishing "champions" of policy areas over which the town has no jurisdiction.
The electorate of St Neots was promised so much last May and, nearly 10 months on, there has been absolutely no progress made. We have a weak leader, who made weak promises and who trots out weak excuses. This town deserves better.
Leader, St Neots and District Conservative Forum
- 1 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 2 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit
- 3 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 4 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 5 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Huntingdon is full of Christmas cheer
- 8 Could you give these pets a home?
- 9 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 10 Huntingdon Racecourse - surviving the pandemic and then came the floods!