Actions not words’
MEMBERS of St Neots and District Conservative Forum are disappointed that the majority party on the town council is not showing the town the leadership that it deserves. The situation seems to have developed where, despite having 13 of the 18 members on t
MEMBERS of St Neots and District Conservative Forum are disappointed that the majority party on the town council is not showing the town the leadership that it deserves.
The situation seems to have developed where, despite having 13 of the 18 members on the council, the Liberal Democrats would rather commission reports and steering groups to investigate ideas and possibilities. We have to remember that this is a party elected on a list of aspirations and a plan for St Neots. We would like to know how many of these aspirations have been put into practice.
The Liberal Democrats seem more interested in raising tax, spending thousands of pounds of public money on town plans, but doing nothing in reality and establishing "champions" of policy areas over which the town has no jurisdiction.
The electorate of St Neots was promised so much last May and, nearly 10 months on, there has been absolutely no progress made. We have a weak leader, who made weak promises and who trots out weak excuses. This town deserves better.
Leader, St Neots and District Conservative Forum
- 1 Eight Huntingdon children handed anti-social behaviour interventions
- 2 Suspected case of bird flu in swan reported to DEFRA
- 3 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 4 New homes plan for Huntingdonshire village
- 5 Beagle puppies freed at MBR Acres after second day of action
- 6 Police check home of 101-year-old animal rights patron for stolen beagles
- 7 Part of The Busway set for weekend closure with diversions near St Ives
- 8 Two lorries crashed on A14 near Spaldwick
- 9 Life sentence confirmed for Rikki Neave murderer
- 10 Meet the Sassy Lassies cycling group encouraging women in Huntingdonshire to ride