A428 closed in rush hour due to floods
A SECTION of the A428 had to be closed at Cambourne last Thursday after a water pump failed and it became flooded. Motorists were left stuck in traffic during the evening rush hour after police were called at 5.50pm to reports of up to four inches of wate
A SECTION of the A428 had to be closed at Cambourne last Thursday after a water pump failed and it became flooded.
Motorists were left stuck in traffic during the evening rush hour after police were called at 5.50pm to reports of up to four inches of water gathering on both sides of the carriageway under the bridge at Cambourne.
One caller described the scene to officers as "mayhem."
A Highways Agency spokesman said the flooding was the result of a pump that stopped working after a power surge.
You may also want to watch:
"Water has tended to gather on the A428 at Cambourne in wet conditions. This is the old dual carriageway section of the A428 that was built in relation to the Cambourne housing development not the new dual carriageway that opened in May 2007.
"A pump station was installed as part of the Cambourne development's highway works to remove water from that section, which is a low point in the carriageway."
- 1 Read about the interesting history of the village of Broughton
- 2 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital today
- 3 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 4 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 5 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 6 Broughton - litter-picking, bell cleaning and great community spirit
- 7 Check out some of Huntingdonshire's fascinating history
- 8 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 9 Landmark A14 viaduct demolition is captured on camera
- 10 New trophies to celebrate achievement at St Neots school
The road was closed from 8.15-11.30pm while repairs were carried out.