A14 - we use only the best statistics
I FEAR that Richard Taplin (Letters, August 27) is deliberately misrepresenting what those who want to keep the Brampton Road Huntingdon bypass viaduct are saying or he has not read our arguments. Buckden Parish Council and an increasing number of others
I FEAR that Richard Taplin (Letters, August 27) is deliberately misrepresenting what those who want to keep the Brampton Road Huntingdon bypass viaduct are saying or he has not read our arguments.
Buckden Parish Council and an increasing number of others are not saying that the new A14 should not be built. We want the new road to be constructed as quickly as possibly. We also want to retain the existing road so that the Highways Agency strapline of "Safe roads, reliable journeys, informed travellers" can be met.
We do not cite statistics that "have not been seen" - the figures are those prepared by and available from the Highways Agency. These figures take into account the effect of the guided bus and other developments in the area.
The good news is that a small village is arguing altruistically for the greater good. Our main "back yard" concern is that the new A14 will leave room for a future Buckden A1 bypass.
- 1 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 2 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 3 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 4 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 5 Motion passed to send letter to Michael Gove after objections to incinerator plan
- 6 Mother of Rikki Neave 'told the truth and nothing but the truth', jury told
- 7 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 8 Charming 'cakery' selling sweet treats opens in Ramsey
- 9 Brampton Park golfers swing into action to raise money for hospice
- 10 Care home visitor limits to be lifted next week
Buckden Parish Council
A14 Working Group