A14 - we use only the best statistics
I FEAR that Richard Taplin (Letters, August 27) is deliberately misrepresenting what those who want to keep the Brampton Road Huntingdon bypass viaduct are saying or he has not read our arguments. Buckden Parish Council and an increasing number of others
I FEAR that Richard Taplin (Letters, August 27) is deliberately misrepresenting what those who want to keep the Brampton Road Huntingdon bypass viaduct are saying or he has not read our arguments.
Buckden Parish Council and an increasing number of others are not saying that the new A14 should not be built. We want the new road to be constructed as quickly as possibly. We also want to retain the existing road so that the Highways Agency strapline of "Safe roads, reliable journeys, informed travellers" can be met.
We do not cite statistics that "have not been seen" - the figures are those prepared by and available from the Highways Agency. These figures take into account the effect of the guided bus and other developments in the area.
The good news is that a small village is arguing altruistically for the greater good. Our main "back yard" concern is that the new A14 will leave room for a future Buckden A1 bypass.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Police move in to close house after reports of anti-social behaviour
- 2 New garden village on outskirts of St Neots will bring 10,000 homes
- 3 Man named following fatal collision near Bluntisham
- 4 Jail for man who stole more than £25,000 from company
- 5 Vaccine centres offering earlier second dose AstraZeneca
- 6 Schoolgirl cuts her hair so friend can have a wig
- 7 Mum's donation to thank 'incredible' midwives and maternity staff
- 8 Notice served to remove travellers from school site
- 9 Almost 100 'sexual and violent crimes' recorded in two of our towns in one month
- 10 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
Buckden Parish Council
A14 Working Group