A14 upgrade an expensive confidence trick
THE appalling news that the projected cost for improving the Road to Hell has now reached £1billion (The Hunts Post, March 12, Cambridge News, March 25) has to be one of the most expensive and anti-green con-tricks even this Labour Government has pulled -
THE appalling news that the projected cost for improving the Road to Hell has now reached £1billion (The Hunts Post, March 12, Cambridge News, March 25) has to be one of the most expensive and anti-green con-tricks even this Labour Government has pulled - and what will be the benefit if there is one?
A bit like the scandal that surrounded the reasons for getting into the Iraq War on a false premise and false information, we were told again and again that the multi-modal study would properly examine all the options - it did not and wasn't likely to because this Government and its civil servants are so blinkered and set on covering the country with endless mile after mile of tar macadam to be full on day one.
Given we have all once again been misled and seem likely to be conned out of even more cash, can we, like Speaker Martin, spend taxpayers' money to sue HM Government for all the damage this has caused us, lives lost and injury caused, or might we just see a Minister say we got it wrong and invest properly in the true green alternative - our rail network.
But I must stop dreaming and face reality - my cash, your cash will continue to be squandered on a road scheme doomed to be a failure from day one.
You may also want to watch:
County Councillor GEOFF HEATHCOCK
Member of Railfuture
- 1 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 2 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 3 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 4 The changing face of forests and woods in Huntingdonshire
- 5 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 6 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 7 'We want to help our market towns' - Funding plans extended due to pandemic
- 8 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 9 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 10 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls