A14 smash causes morning rush-hour delays
DRIVERS faced more delays on the A14 after two lorries crashed during the morning rush hour.The smash took place on the westbound carriageway at about 5.20am, between junction 24 at Godmanchester and junction 25, at Hemingford Grey. Police closed the ro
DRIVERS faced more delays on the A14 after two lorries crashed during the morning rush hour.
The smash took place on the westbound carriageway at about 5.20am, between junction 24 at Godmanchester and junction 25, at Hemingford Grey.
Police closed the road for three hours between Godmanchester and St Ives.
No other vehicles were involved and no one was reported to have been injured.
You may also want to watch:
Queues built up on roads in the surrounding area and officers put diversions in place, diverting traffic along the A428, M11 and A1198.
One of the lorries was thought to have been carrying 30 tonnes of stone.
- 1 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 2 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 3 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 4 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 5 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 6 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 7 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- 8 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 9 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 10 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
It is the third day in a row that accidents have caused chaos on the A14, following a five-vehicle crash on Tuesday and a collision involving a digger and a lorry at Spaldwick on Wednesday.
INFORMATION: Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 0845 4564564.