A14 smash causes morning rush-hour delays
DRIVERS faced more delays on the A14 after two lorries crashed during the morning rush hour.The smash took place on the westbound carriageway at about 5.20am, between junction 24 at Godmanchester and junction 25, at Hemingford Grey. Police closed the ro
DRIVERS faced more delays on the A14 after two lorries crashed during the morning rush hour.
The smash took place on the westbound carriageway at about 5.20am, between junction 24 at Godmanchester and junction 25, at Hemingford Grey.
Police closed the road for three hours between Godmanchester and St Ives.
No other vehicles were involved and no one was reported to have been injured.
You may also want to watch:
Queues built up on roads in the surrounding area and officers put diversions in place, diverting traffic along the A428, M11 and A1198.
One of the lorries was thought to have been carrying 30 tonnes of stone.
- 1 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 2 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 3 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 4 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 5 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 6 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 7 Hinchingbrooke paediatrician’s relief after getting Covid-19 vaccine
- 8 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 9 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 10 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
It is the third day in a row that accidents have caused chaos on the A14, following a five-vehicle crash on Tuesday and a collision involving a digger and a lorry at Spaldwick on Wednesday.
INFORMATION: Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 0845 4564564.