A14 smash causes morning rush-hour delays
DRIVERS faced more delays on the A14 after two lorries crashed during the morning rush hour.The smash took place on the westbound carriageway at about 5.20am, between junction 24 at Godmanchester and junction 25, at Hemingford Grey. Police closed the ro
DRIVERS faced more delays on the A14 after two lorries crashed during the morning rush hour.
The smash took place on the westbound carriageway at about 5.20am, between junction 24 at Godmanchester and junction 25, at Hemingford Grey.
Police closed the road for three hours between Godmanchester and St Ives.
No other vehicles were involved and no one was reported to have been injured.
Queues built up on roads in the surrounding area and officers put diversions in place, diverting traffic along the A428, M11 and A1198.
One of the lorries was thought to have been carrying 30 tonnes of stone.
- 1 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 2 New business celebrates its grand opening in St Ives
- 3 St Ivo Academy celebrate the success of its star girls teams and international call ups
- 4 Huntingdon is 'prime example' of good infrastructure in region
- 5 St Ivo Dance alumnae stars in Britain's Got Talent, the West End and Comic Relief
- 6 New archdeacon for Huntingdon and Wisbech
- 7 Hunts history festival kicked off with a bang!
- 8 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 9 School project raises awareness of endangered species
- 10 Singing group will celebrate its silver jubilee with a concert
It is the third day in a row that accidents have caused chaos on the A14, following a five-vehicle crash on Tuesday and a collision involving a digger and a lorry at Spaldwick on Wednesday.
INFORMATION: Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 0845 4564564.