A14 smash causes morning rush-hour delays
DRIVERS faced more delays on the A14 after two lorries crashed during the morning rush hour.The smash took place on the westbound carriageway at about 5.20am, between junction 24 at Godmanchester and junction 25, at Hemingford Grey. Police closed the ro
DRIVERS faced more delays on the A14 after two lorries crashed during the morning rush hour.
The smash took place on the westbound carriageway at about 5.20am, between junction 24 at Godmanchester and junction 25, at Hemingford Grey.
Police closed the road for three hours between Godmanchester and St Ives.
No other vehicles were involved and no one was reported to have been injured.
You may also want to watch:
Queues built up on roads in the surrounding area and officers put diversions in place, diverting traffic along the A428, M11 and A1198.
One of the lorries was thought to have been carrying 30 tonnes of stone.
- 1 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 2 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 3 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 4 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 5 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 6 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 7 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 8 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 9 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 10 Charity 130-mile trek raises over £4,000 after rare diagnosis for Hunts man
It is the third day in a row that accidents have caused chaos on the A14, following a five-vehicle crash on Tuesday and a collision involving a digger and a lorry at Spaldwick on Wednesday.
INFORMATION: Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 0845 4564564.