A14 roadworks throughout the summer
MAJOR roadworks on the A14 will begin a week on Monday and will last until August.
A stretch of the notoriously busy road between Brampton and Newmarket will be affected and the works will include road marking renewal from junctions 21 at Brampton Hut to junction 23 at the Spittals interchange from Monday, June 27 to Thursday, July 7.
This will be carried out between 9pm and 5.30am each night and during these hours there will be a full westbound closure between junctions 23 and 21 between June 27 and June 30 and a full eastbound closure between junctions 21 and 23 between June 27 and June 30.
Traffic wishing to travel westbound will be diverted north on the A14 spur at Spittals Interchange at junction 23.
Motorists will need to exit the A14 and travel westbound on the B1043 to join the A1 southbound and rejoin the A14 westbound at Brampton Hut interchange at junction 21.
You may also want to watch:
Traffic wishing to travel eastbound will follow the same diversion route but in the opposite direction.
Spokesman for the Highways Agency, Keith Hutchinson, said: “Keeping journeys safe and reliable is a top priority to the Highways Agency and this package of repair and maintenance works will help us achieve this on the A14.
- 1 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 2 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 3 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 4 Hunts Post Reader Photos for this week
- 5 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 6 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 7 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 8 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 9 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots
- 10 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?
“We have planned this work carefully to keep any delays to an absolute minimum and the majority of it is taking place overnight, when traffic flows are lowest.
“I would urge all road users to drive with extra care past the work site, and to leave some extra time for their journeys if they are travelling at times when work is being undertaken.”
Other A14 roadworks scheduled for the summer include extensive maintenance work at the Girton Interchange and a series of road resurfacing works between junctions 26 and 28 westbound.