A14 roadworks throughout the summer
MAJOR roadworks on the A14 will begin a week on Monday and will last until August.
A stretch of the notoriously busy road between Brampton and Newmarket will be affected and the works will include road marking renewal from junctions 21 at Brampton Hut to junction 23 at the Spittals interchange from Monday, June 27 to Thursday, July 7.
This will be carried out between 9pm and 5.30am each night and during these hours there will be a full westbound closure between junctions 23 and 21 between June 27 and June 30 and a full eastbound closure between junctions 21 and 23 between June 27 and June 30.
Traffic wishing to travel westbound will be diverted north on the A14 spur at Spittals Interchange at junction 23.
Motorists will need to exit the A14 and travel westbound on the B1043 to join the A1 southbound and rejoin the A14 westbound at Brampton Hut interchange at junction 21.
Traffic wishing to travel eastbound will follow the same diversion route but in the opposite direction.
Spokesman for the Highways Agency, Keith Hutchinson, said: “Keeping journeys safe and reliable is a top priority to the Highways Agency and this package of repair and maintenance works will help us achieve this on the A14.
- 1 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 2 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 3 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 4 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 5 Updated details of the Christmas lights switch-on in St Neots
- 6 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 7 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 8 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 9 Crafty Monkey is encouraging people to shop local this winter
- 10 Steve's Taxis has donated more than £20,000 to Hinchingbrooke Hospital
“We have planned this work carefully to keep any delays to an absolute minimum and the majority of it is taking place overnight, when traffic flows are lowest.
“I would urge all road users to drive with extra care past the work site, and to leave some extra time for their journeys if they are travelling at times when work is being undertaken.”
Other A14 roadworks scheduled for the summer include extensive maintenance work at the Girton Interchange and a series of road resurfacing works between junctions 26 and 28 westbound.