Roadworks across Huntingdonshire for week commencing Monday, September 7
- Credit: Archant
A14 Cambridge to Huntingdon: major improvement work is continuing and Highways England is currently carrying out finishing works for which it needs to close lanes or carriageways on the A1, A14 and some local roads.
This is usually overnight, between 8pm and 6am, unless otherwise stated. Diversion routes will be in place for closures.
For this week, the planned closures are:
Monday 7 (one night)
You may also want to watch:
• Hinchingbrooke Park Road loop
Tuesday 8 (one night)
- 1 'Armed police' swarm St Ives road in 'ongoing incident'
- 2 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 3 Man carrying knife 'in the street' closes St Ives primary school
- 4 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 5 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 6 Riley turns imagination into reality with best-selling adventure book
- 7 Here are your 'at a glance' lockdown changes from today (May 17)
- 8 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 9 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 10 Godmanchester community pulled together throughout the pandemic
• A1(M) southbound junction 14 to Brampton Hut
Vehicles will be diverted via A1307 spur to Spittals, and west on A141 to rejoin the A1 southbound at Brampton Hut, or to travel west on A14
Thursday 10 (one night)
• A14 westbound to westbound link Girton junction 31
Vehicles will be diverted to continue on A428 westbound then north on A1198
to re-join the A14 at Godmanchester junction 23
Friday 11 (one night)
• A14 eastbound Bar Hill junction 25 entry slip
Vehicles will be diverted west on A1307 to Swavesey and join A14 eastbound
at junction 24
Saturday 12 (one night) 9pm – 8am
• Brampton Road B1514 between station car park and Edison Bell Way
Vehicles on the Huntingdon town centre side will be diverted onto the ring
road, St Peters Road to A141 west to Brampton / Brampton Racecourse
junction and into Brampton via B1514. Vehicles on the Brampton side of the
closure will follow this diversion in reverse.
For more information about this scheme, visit: www.highwaysengland.co.uk/a14-cambridge-to-huntingdon-improvement-scheme.
Check out Facebook and Twitter also for updates.