Roadworks across Huntingdonshire for week commencing Monday, September 7
- Credit: Archant
A14 Cambridge to Huntingdon: major improvement work is continuing and Highways England is currently carrying out finishing works for which it needs to close lanes or carriageways on the A1, A14 and some local roads.
This is usually overnight, between 8pm and 6am, unless otherwise stated. Diversion routes will be in place for closures.
For this week, the planned closures are:
Monday 7 (one night)
• Hinchingbrooke Park Road loop
Tuesday 8 (one night)
- 1 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 2 Jail for man who boasted he was the St Ives 'weed man'
- 3 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 4 Car rolled in crash on A14
- 5 John Major's 'bad luck' comment is 'absolutely disgraceful' says son of victim
- 6 Woman has 'medical episode' during A1(M) crash
- 7 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
- 8 Two-day closure set for B661 between Great Staughton and Grafham Water
- 9 Thousands come together at RAF Wyton for Armed Forces Day
- 10 Garden railway raises money for 3 Pillars
• A1(M) southbound junction 14 to Brampton Hut
Vehicles will be diverted via A1307 spur to Spittals, and west on A141 to rejoin the A1 southbound at Brampton Hut, or to travel west on A14
Thursday 10 (one night)
• A14 westbound to westbound link Girton junction 31
Vehicles will be diverted to continue on A428 westbound then north on A1198
to re-join the A14 at Godmanchester junction 23
Friday 11 (one night)
• A14 eastbound Bar Hill junction 25 entry slip
Vehicles will be diverted west on A1307 to Swavesey and join A14 eastbound
at junction 24
Saturday 12 (one night) 9pm – 8am
• Brampton Road B1514 between station car park and Edison Bell Way
Vehicles on the Huntingdon town centre side will be diverted onto the ring
road, St Peters Road to A141 west to Brampton / Brampton Racecourse
junction and into Brampton via B1514. Vehicles on the Brampton side of the
closure will follow this diversion in reverse.
For more information about this scheme, visit: www.highwaysengland.co.uk/a14-cambridge-to-huntingdon-improvement-scheme.
Check out Facebook and Twitter also for updates.