A14 roadworks between St Ives and Girton to start tonight
- Credit: Archant
Weeks of roadworks on the A14 between St Ives and Girton are due to start this evening - five days later than planned.
Overnight closures of the dual carriageway were due to begin on Thursday (October 23) but were postponed for “operational reasons”, said the Highways Agency.
Work will now begin from 8pm today (Tuesday) and will result in a series of closures.
Phase one will include the A14 near the westbound St Ives turn off, with overnight closures from 8pm and 6am until Wednesday, November 12.
The second phase, involving the westbound A14 between Girton and Bar Hill, will take place at the same time as the first.
You may also want to watch:
Phase three will include the A14 westbound carriageway between St Ives and Bar Hill from Monday, November 10 to Tuesday, December 2.
Traffic will be diverted along the A428 and the A1.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Lorry driver who 'couldn't stand up' was three times over drink-drive limit
- 3 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 4 Fantastic snow photos from our Hunts Post readers
- 5 It's snowing! Send us your snow photos
- 6 Ramsey schoolgirl names new housing development
- 7 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 8 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 9 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 10 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
The HA says access for residents will be retained at all times, with residents who require access escorted past the roadworks by members of the site team.
It also says the timetable could change, depending on the weather.