A14 roadworks between St Ives and Girton to start tonight
- Credit: Archant
Weeks of roadworks on the A14 between St Ives and Girton are due to start this evening - five days later than planned.
Overnight closures of the dual carriageway were due to begin on Thursday (October 23) but were postponed for “operational reasons”, said the Highways Agency.
Work will now begin from 8pm today (Tuesday) and will result in a series of closures.
Phase one will include the A14 near the westbound St Ives turn off, with overnight closures from 8pm and 6am until Wednesday, November 12.
The second phase, involving the westbound A14 between Girton and Bar Hill, will take place at the same time as the first.
You may also want to watch:
Phase three will include the A14 westbound carriageway between St Ives and Bar Hill from Monday, November 10 to Tuesday, December 2.
Traffic will be diverted along the A428 and the A1.
- 1 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 2 One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 3 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 4 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 5 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 6 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 7 Tim retires after 25 years with law firm
- 8 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?
- 9 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots
- 10 Hunts Post Reader Photos for this week
The HA says access for residents will be retained at all times, with residents who require access escorted past the roadworks by members of the site team.
It also says the timetable could change, depending on the weather.