A14 eastbound to close for repairs
THE eastbound carriageway of the A14 will be closed overnight on Saturday for urgent £20,000 carriageway repairs in advance of 18 weeks work to install traffic signals at the junction, beginning on Monday. Although resurfacing is needed to only 40 metres
THE eastbound carriageway of the A14 will be closed overnight on Saturday for urgent £20,000 carriageway repairs in advance of 18 weeks' work to install traffic signals at the junction, beginning on Monday.
Although resurfacing is needed to only 40 metres of carriageway, eastbound traffic will be diverted by way of Peterborough between 9pm on Saturday and 7am on Sunday
Eastbound vehicles will be signed off the road at Thrapston (junction 13), nearly 15 miles before the affected stretch, to use the A605 through Elton to join the A1(M) southbound.
The signal installation work will also include widening the approaches to the junction to reduce queuing - particularly on the slip road from the A1 northbound, where stationary traffic waits on the main carriageway at peak times
You may also want to watch:
The Highways Agency is advising drivers to allow extra time for their journeys.
The eastbound carriageway will be closed again for five nights at the start of the main £1.85million scheme, which should be completed by the end of November.
- 1 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots
- 2 Man from Alconbury sentenced for sexual assault
- 3 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 4 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 5 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?
- 6 Godmanchester Mill River Enhancement project starts in May
- 7 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 8 New Shoe Zone 'concept store' opens
- 9 Woman dies after car hits lamppost in Eaton Ford
- 10 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
INFORMATION: Real-time traffic news is available on the Highways Agency's 24-hour service on 08700 660 115. General information can be found at www.highways.gov.uk or 08457 504030 from 8am to 8pm on weekdays and 9am to 5pm at weekends.