Lane closure on A1M following rush-hour collision
- Credit: Archant
A lane of the A1M between Yaxley and Sawtry has been closed following a collision this morning (Tuesday).
Cambridgeshire police and the East of England Ambulance Service were called shortly after 8am to the southbound carriageway between junction 16 at Yaxley and junction 15 at Sawtry.
The collision is believed to have involved up to eight vehicles and one lane is blocked.
Highways England said the lane had been closed and delays were building in the area.
Cambridgeshire police advised motorists to expect delays.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said: “[The collision] involved two HGVs and six cars. A man has been taken to hospital, but further details of his injuries are unclear.”
- 1 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 2 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 3 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 4 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 5 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 6 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 7 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 8 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 9 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 10 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital