Lane closure on A1M following rush-hour collision
- Credit: Archant
A lane of the A1M between Yaxley and Sawtry has been closed following a collision this morning (Tuesday).
Cambridgeshire police and the East of England Ambulance Service were called shortly after 8am to the southbound carriageway between junction 16 at Yaxley and junction 15 at Sawtry.
The collision is believed to have involved up to eight vehicles and one lane is blocked.
Highways England said the lane had been closed and delays were building in the area.
Cambridgeshire police advised motorists to expect delays.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said: “[The collision] involved two HGVs and six cars. A man has been taken to hospital, but further details of his injuries are unclear.”
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 'People are angry' - hundreds protest outside Camp Beagle
- 3 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 4 Day of action at Camp Beagle as protesters demand release of puppies
- 5 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 6 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 7 Strictly's Anton and Giovanni dazzle in sensational return to live theatre
- 8 Plea for caution as Covid-19 rates rise
- 9 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 10 Maddy's epic Channel swim will be 'powered by plants'