Lane closure on A1M following rush-hour collision
- Credit: Archant
A lane of the A1M between Yaxley and Sawtry has been closed following a collision this morning (Tuesday).
Cambridgeshire police and the East of England Ambulance Service were called shortly after 8am to the southbound carriageway between junction 16 at Yaxley and junction 15 at Sawtry.
The collision is believed to have involved up to eight vehicles and one lane is blocked.
Highways England said the lane had been closed and delays were building in the area.
Cambridgeshire police advised motorists to expect delays.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said: “[The collision] involved two HGVs and six cars. A man has been taken to hospital, but further details of his injuries are unclear.”
- 1 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 2 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 3 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 4 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 5 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 6 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 7 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 8 Hinchingbrooke paediatrician’s relief after getting Covid-19 vaccine
- 9 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 10 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week