A1 closures planned between Brampton and Wyboston
- Credit: Archant
SECTIONS of the A1 will be closed overnight from July 1 until July 13 to repair road surfaces and refresh markings.
The closures will begin on the southbound carriageway which will be closed between Brampton Hut and Hail Weston from Monday July 1 and Tuesday July 2 and between Buckden and Hail Weston from Wednesday July 3 until Friday July 5.
The northbound carriageway will be closed between Wyboston and Buckden on Monday July 8 and Tuesday July 9 and between Wyboston to Brampton Hut from Wednesday July 10 until Friday July 12.
All closures will be between 8pm and 6am and drivers will be diverted via the A14 and A428 in both directions.
Keith Hutchinson, Highways Agency project sponsor, said: “This overnight work will improve journeys for road users on the A1 between Hail Weston and Brampton.
You may also want to watch:
“We have planned this work to take place overnight between 8pm and 6am, between Monday and Friday nights only, when traffic flows are lower, to minimise disruption.”
These closures on the A1 do not coincide with those for works taking place at Brampton Road.
- 1 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 2 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 3 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 4 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 5 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 6 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 9 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 10 New plans on the horizon for Black Cat Radio