A1 closed near Black Cat after accident
MOTORISTS were being advised to avoid the southbound A1 at Wyboston on Monday evening after it was closed because of a crash.
The Highways Agency said the road was closed between its junction with the A428 and Black Cat roundabout (junction with the A421) following a serious accident. It advised drivers to use the A14 and M11.
The northbound carriageway, which was previously closed, was open at 5.30pm, although there were severe delays.
The Highways Agency said it was working with Bedfordshire Police to reopen the southbound carriageway as quickly as possible. It’s expected to reopen at 11pm.
• COMMUTERS are also facing long delays on the A14 between Catworth at Spaldwick West.
One lane is closed on the eastbound carriageway between junctions 16 and 18 due to a vehicle on fire.
There are currently delays of around 15 minutes. Normal road conditions are expected from 7.30pm.
- 1 Air Ambulance is called to serious crash on London Road in St Ives
- 2 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 3 House set alight in Brampton
- 4 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 5 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Local businesses join forces to create a Christmas Beer
- 8 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 9 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 10 Ex-wife of killer Colin Hill shares rape ordeal more than 30 years on