A1 closed near Black Cat after accident
MOTORISTS were being advised to avoid the southbound A1 at Wyboston on Monday evening after it was closed because of a crash.
The Highways Agency said the road was closed between its junction with the A428 and Black Cat roundabout (junction with the A421) following a serious accident. It advised drivers to use the A14 and M11.
The northbound carriageway, which was previously closed, was open at 5.30pm, although there were severe delays.
The Highways Agency said it was working with Bedfordshire Police to reopen the southbound carriageway as quickly as possible. It’s expected to reopen at 11pm.
• COMMUTERS are also facing long delays on the A14 between Catworth at Spaldwick West.
You may also want to watch:
One lane is closed on the eastbound carriageway between junctions 16 and 18 due to a vehicle on fire.
There are currently delays of around 15 minutes. Normal road conditions are expected from 7.30pm.
- 1 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 2 One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 3 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 4 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 5 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 6 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 7 Tim retires after 25 years with law firm
- 8 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?
- 9 Hunts Post Reader Photos for this week
- 10 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots