A1 closed near Black Cat after accident
MOTORISTS were being advised to avoid the southbound A1 at Wyboston on Monday evening after it was closed because of a crash.
The Highways Agency said the road was closed between its junction with the A428 and Black Cat roundabout (junction with the A421) following a serious accident. It advised drivers to use the A14 and M11.
The northbound carriageway, which was previously closed, was open at 5.30pm, although there were severe delays.
The Highways Agency said it was working with Bedfordshire Police to reopen the southbound carriageway as quickly as possible. It’s expected to reopen at 11pm.
• COMMUTERS are also facing long delays on the A14 between Catworth at Spaldwick West.
You may also want to watch:
One lane is closed on the eastbound carriageway between junctions 16 and 18 due to a vehicle on fire.
There are currently delays of around 15 minutes. Normal road conditions are expected from 7.30pm.
- 1 Seven arrested after £70k-worth of bicycles stolen
- 2 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 3 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 4 Village job club providing vital service
- 5 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 6 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 7 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 9 New programme of events for Commemoration Hall
- 10 Benefits cut will leave Hunts families 'in debt', warns charity