A1 closed near Black Cat after accident
MOTORISTS were being advised to avoid the southbound A1 at Wyboston on Monday evening after it was closed because of a crash.
The Highways Agency said the road was closed between its junction with the A428 and Black Cat roundabout (junction with the A421) following a serious accident. It advised drivers to use the A14 and M11.
The northbound carriageway, which was previously closed, was open at 5.30pm, although there were severe delays.
The Highways Agency said it was working with Bedfordshire Police to reopen the southbound carriageway as quickly as possible. It’s expected to reopen at 11pm.
• COMMUTERS are also facing long delays on the A14 between Catworth at Spaldwick West.
You may also want to watch:
One lane is closed on the eastbound carriageway between junctions 16 and 18 due to a vehicle on fire.
There are currently delays of around 15 minutes. Normal road conditions are expected from 7.30pm.
- 1 Driver of fully laden HGV who failed breath test 'couldn't stand up unaided'
- 2 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 3 It's snowing! Send us your snow photos
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 6 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 7 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 8 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 9 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 10 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village