A yummy event
WE would like to thank everyone who supported and enjoyed the Eat all you Can charity dinner held at the Yumi Yumi Chinese Restaurant, Eynesbury, in aid of Spring of Hope . As a result of the dinner and previous fund-raising events, a cheque for £780 w
WE would like to thank everyone who supported and enjoyed the 'Eat all you Can' charity dinner held at the Yumi Yumi Chinese Restaurant, Eynesbury, in aid of "Spring of Hope".
As a result of the dinner and previous fund-raising events, a cheque for £780 was presented to local girl Teresha Clarke, who spearheads the charity in Uganda. Further fund-raising at the end of the evening raised another £78, and the proprietors of the Yumi Yumi Restaurant further supported the event with a generous donation to the charity of an additional £120.
The aims of Spring of Hope are to enable disabled children in Uganda to have help, support and a better quality of life. The charity and the children will directly benefit from every penny.
Further information about Spring of Hope is at www.springofhope.org.uk.
DEREK and SANDIE GILES, Stratford Place, Eaton Socon
- 1 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 2 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 3 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 4 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 5 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 6 Ex-wife of killer Colin Hill shares rape ordeal more than 30 years on
- 7 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 8 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 9 Overwhelming response to MND charity walk
- 10 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections