A positive environment for children at Buttons and Bows
CHILDREN at Buttons and Bows Pre-school in Sawtry are cared for in a relaxed and welcoming environment , according to an Ofsted report. The report, carried out in December, found the pre-school was good in all areas, including teaching and learning. Ins
CHILDREN at Buttons and Bows Pre-school in Sawtry are "cared for in a relaxed and welcoming environment", according to an Ofsted report.
The report, carried out in December, found the pre-school was good in all areas, including teaching and learning. Inspectors said: "Children's confidence and self-esteem are sensitively nurtured and the positive environment promotes the development of the attitudes that enable them to achieve in their future learning."
Staff were highly praised for providing "consistent support and meaningful praise".
Julie Howells, pre-school manager, said everyone was delighted with the report.
"Our aim is to enhance the learning and development of our children, encourage independence, self-esteem and confidence and this was mentioned throughout the report, which shows a true reflection of our pre-school."
The pre-school was also praised last year at The Way To Be Awards in Cambridge for its outstanding efforts to enrich the lives of disabled children.
- 1 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
- 2 Jail for man who boasted he was the St Ives 'weed man'
- 3 Woman has 'medical episode' during A1(M) crash
- 4 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 5 13-year-old helped to rescue distressed paddleboarders
- 6 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 7 Thousands come together at RAF Wyton for Armed Forces Day
- 8 Man fined £300 after being linked to fly-tipping
- 9 John Major's 'bad luck' comment is 'absolutely disgraceful' says son of victim
- 10 Two-day closure set for B661 between Great Staughton and Grafham Water
INFORMATION: Buttons and Bows Pre-School employs four members of staff and is run by a voluntary management committee. It opened in 1992 at The Old School Hall in Sawtry. To view the report in full visit www.ofsted.gov.uk