A positive environment for children at Buttons and Bows
CHILDREN at Buttons and Bows Pre-school in Sawtry are cared for in a relaxed and welcoming environment , according to an Ofsted report. The report, carried out in December, found the pre-school was good in all areas, including teaching and learning. Ins
CHILDREN at Buttons and Bows Pre-school in Sawtry are "cared for in a relaxed and welcoming environment", according to an Ofsted report.
The report, carried out in December, found the pre-school was good in all areas, including teaching and learning. Inspectors said: "Children's confidence and self-esteem are sensitively nurtured and the positive environment promotes the development of the attitudes that enable them to achieve in their future learning."
Staff were highly praised for providing "consistent support and meaningful praise".
Julie Howells, pre-school manager, said everyone was delighted with the report.
You may also want to watch:
"Our aim is to enhance the learning and development of our children, encourage independence, self-esteem and confidence and this was mentioned throughout the report, which shows a true reflection of our pre-school."
The pre-school was also praised last year at The Way To Be Awards in Cambridge for its outstanding efforts to enrich the lives of disabled children.
- 1 Not one, but possibly two viaducts for St Neots!
- 2 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
- 3 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone
- 4 Paedophile exposed in undercover police operation
- 5 Metro is off the cards says new mayor Dr Nik Johnson
- 6 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 7 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Police warning after spate of thefts from cars in Warboys
- 10 Solar farm plan will have no impact on 'light, noise or smell'
INFORMATION: Buttons and Bows Pre-School employs four members of staff and is run by a voluntary management committee. It opened in 1992 at The Old School Hall in Sawtry. To view the report in full visit www.ofsted.gov.uk