A positive environment for children at Buttons and Bows
CHILDREN at Buttons and Bows Pre-school in Sawtry are cared for in a relaxed and welcoming environment , according to an Ofsted report. The report, carried out in December, found the pre-school was good in all areas, including teaching and learning. Ins
CHILDREN at Buttons and Bows Pre-school in Sawtry are "cared for in a relaxed and welcoming environment", according to an Ofsted report.
The report, carried out in December, found the pre-school was good in all areas, including teaching and learning. Inspectors said: "Children's confidence and self-esteem are sensitively nurtured and the positive environment promotes the development of the attitudes that enable them to achieve in their future learning."
Staff were highly praised for providing "consistent support and meaningful praise".
Julie Howells, pre-school manager, said everyone was delighted with the report.
You may also want to watch:
"Our aim is to enhance the learning and development of our children, encourage independence, self-esteem and confidence and this was mentioned throughout the report, which shows a true reflection of our pre-school."
The pre-school was also praised last year at The Way To Be Awards in Cambridge for its outstanding efforts to enrich the lives of disabled children.
- 1 Huntingdon dealer who stole from vulnerable man is jailed
- 2 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 3 Delicious dessert shop 'Snix Snax' opens
- 4 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Warning to Huntingdon residents about the legal use of e-scooters
- 6 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 7 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 Huntingdon man found with stash of drugs and cash is jailed
- 10 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
INFORMATION: Buttons and Bows Pre-School employs four members of staff and is run by a voluntary management committee. It opened in 1992 at The Old School Hall in Sawtry. To view the report in full visit www.ofsted.gov.uk