A levels: Students’ hard work pays off
IN the first year since the amalgamation with Ailwyn School, the headteacher at Abbey College in Ramsey was celebrating a 97 per cent pass rate at A-level. Wayne Birks told The Hunts Post: I am very pleased indeed with our first set of A-level results. S
IN the first year since the amalgamation with Ailwyn School, the headteacher at Abbey College in Ramsey was celebrating a 97 per cent pass rate at A-level.
Wayne Birks told The Hunts Post: "I am very pleased indeed with our first set of A-level results. Staff and students have worked very hard in the first year of the new school and these results reflect their combined efforts."
The A-C A-level pass rate was 62 per cent.
One of the top performing students was the college's head boy Andrew Polley, 18, who achieved an A grade in drama and B grades in English and history. Andrew will go to Leeds University to study law.
Dale Christmas, also 18, achieved two A grades - in music and music technology - along with a B grade in English literature. He will study music at Hull.
Fellow 18-year-old Helen Ayres obtained three A grades in maths, physics and chemistry and will go to Oxford University to study engineering sciences.
- 1 Eight Huntingdon children handed anti-social behaviour interventions
- 2 Suspected case of bird flu in swan reported to DEFRA
- 3 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 4 New homes plan for Huntingdonshire village
- 5 Police check home of 101-year-old animal rights patron for stolen beagles
- 6 Beagle puppies freed at MBR Acres after second day of action
- 7 Part of The Busway set for weekend closure with diversions near St Ives
- 8 Two lorries crashed on A14 near Spaldwick
- 9 Life sentence confirmed for Rikki Neave murderer
- 10 Meet the Sassy Lassies cycling group encouraging women in Huntingdonshire to ride
Camille Bellchamber, 18, achieved A grades in history, physics and philosophy and ethics. She is planning to take a legal executive course and pursue a career in law.
Rachael Hill secured A grades in maths and physics, along with B grades in music and chemistry. She will study physics at Warwick.