A Levels; A record result for the Ivo
AT the St Ivo School, in St Ives, the pass rate at A-C grades was at its highest ever level – 76.5 per cent – while the overall pass rate was 98.3 per cent. Chloe Goodwin, 18, was among the top students at the school, achieving A grades in English, biolog
AT the St Ivo School, in St Ives, the pass rate at A-C grades was at its highest ever level - 76.5 per cent - while the overall pass rate was 98.3 per cent.
Chloe Goodwin, 18, was among the top students at the school, achieving A grades in English, biology, history and politics.
She plans to study law at Oxford University.
Headteacher Howard Gilbert paid tribute to the hard work put in by his staff and pupils.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "Generally, people seem to have achieved what they wanted to and our support system helped those who needed it.
"To have only six U grades of 167 entries is very pleasing indeed."
- 1 Not one, but possibly two viaducts for St Neots!
- 2 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
- 3 Nurses Day 2021: You thank our dedicated Hunts nurses for their care
- 4 Paedophile exposed in undercover police operation
- 5 Woman stole from terminally-ill mother
- 6 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Pasco Hussain is named as the new mayor of St Ives
- 9 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 10 Metro is off the cards says new mayor Dr Nik Johnson
Jenny Kershaw, 18, will be taking a foundation course in art at the City of London College after getting As in maths, biology, art and geography.
Megan Smart will study biology at Durham after she obtained two A grades and one B. Fellow 18-year-old Amy Smith secured four A grades and will study English and drama at Manchester, while Graham Savage is heading to Birmingham to study physics after achieving two As and a B.
Aden Newcombe, 17, said he is looking forward to a gap year skiing in Switzerland after he achieved A grades in maths and further maths, plus a B in chemistry and C in biology.