A flicker of hope for charity
CANDLES can be lit for a loved one this Christmas during a charity event at the Bridge Chapel in St Ives. Volunteers for the British Heart Foundation will be at the chapel on Saturday to give people the opportunity to have a moment with their thoughts, li
CANDLES can be lit for a loved one this Christmas during a charity event at the Bridge Chapel in St Ives.
Volunteers for the British Heart Foundation will be at the chapel on Saturday to give people the opportunity to have a moment with their thoughts, light a candle and make a donation to the charity.
The chapel will be open on Saturday from 10am until 4pm, and again on Saturday, December 15, from 10am until midday.
Jean Chandler, one of the volunteers, said: "This is the 20th year that we have organised this special Christmas opportunity.
You may also want to watch:
"Last year, we raised £1,000 from the Light a Candle event with the funds going toward research into heart disease."
INFORMATION: Additional volunteers are still needed to help with the event. Contact Jean Chandler on 01480 469557.
- 1 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 2 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 3 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 4 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 5 Family-run business with expanding reputation
- 6 St Neots has elected its new mayor and deputy mayor
- 7 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 8 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
- 9 Ten motorists charged with drink driving over Bank Holiday weekend
- 10 For sale: Carefully crafted, new build homes with generous plots in rural village of Clopton