76-year-old fights off two men who broke into his St Neots home
AN ELDERLY man tackled two burglars he found trying to break into his St Neots home in the early hours of yesterday (Sunday) morning. Cambridgeshire police said the 76-year-old man was woken at 3am by a loud banging on the front door of his home in Monar
AN ELDERLY man tackled two burglars he found trying to break into his St Neots home in the early hours of yesterday (Sunday) morning.
Cambridgeshire police said the 76-year-old man was woken at 3am by a loud banging on the front door of his home in Monarch Road, Eaton Socon.
He got up to investigate and found two men breaking in through his front door.
Officers said a struggle took place and the offenders left empty handed.
The elderly man suffered slight injuries and was treated at Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntingdon before being discharged.
Crime scene investigators have visited the property and house-to-house enquiries are being conducted.
- 1 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
- 2 Jail for man who boasted he was the St Ives 'weed man'
- 3 Woman has 'medical episode' during A1(M) crash
- 4 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 5 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 6 13-year-old helped to rescue distressed paddleboarders
- 7 Thousands come together at RAF Wyton for Armed Forces Day
- 8 Man fined £300 after being linked to fly-tipping
- 9 John Major's 'bad luck' comment is 'absolutely disgraceful' says son of victim
- 10 Two-day closure set for B661 between Great Staughton and Grafham Water
Detective Inspector Dave Steward, investigating, said: "We would like to hear from anyone who may have seen or heard anything suspicious in Monarch Road in the early hours of yesterday morning.
"This was a very serious incident and any information, no matter how small, could help us to bring the offenders to justice."
INFORMATION: Contact DI Steward on 0345 456 4564 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.