76-year-old fights off two men who broke into his St Neots home
AN ELDERLY man tackled two burglars he found trying to break into his St Neots home in the early hours of yesterday (Sunday) morning. Cambridgeshire police said the 76-year-old man was woken at 3am by a loud banging on the front door of his home in Monar
AN ELDERLY man tackled two burglars he found trying to break into his St Neots home in the early hours of yesterday (Sunday) morning.
Cambridgeshire police said the 76-year-old man was woken at 3am by a loud banging on the front door of his home in Monarch Road, Eaton Socon.
He got up to investigate and found two men breaking in through his front door.
Officers said a struggle took place and the offenders left empty handed.
You may also want to watch:
The elderly man suffered slight injuries and was treated at Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntingdon before being discharged.
Crime scene investigators have visited the property and house-to-house enquiries are being conducted.
- 1 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 2 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 3 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 4 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 5 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 6 Charity 130-mile trek raises over £4,000 after rare diagnosis for Hunts man
- 7 Grants handed out to help people with cancer in Hunts total £17,000
- 8 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 9 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 10 'Am I being overcharged for gas and electricity'?
Detective Inspector Dave Steward, investigating, said: "We would like to hear from anyone who may have seen or heard anything suspicious in Monarch Road in the early hours of yesterday morning.
"This was a very serious incident and any information, no matter how small, could help us to bring the offenders to justice."
INFORMATION: Contact DI Steward on 0345 456 4564 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.