76-year-old fights off two men who broke into his St Neots home
AN ELDERLY man tackled two burglars he found trying to break into his St Neots home in the early hours of yesterday (Sunday) morning. Cambridgeshire police said the 76-year-old man was woken at 3am by a loud banging on the front door of his home in Monar
AN ELDERLY man tackled two burglars he found trying to break into his St Neots home in the early hours of yesterday (Sunday) morning.
Cambridgeshire police said the 76-year-old man was woken at 3am by a loud banging on the front door of his home in Monarch Road, Eaton Socon.
He got up to investigate and found two men breaking in through his front door.
Officers said a struggle took place and the offenders left empty handed.
You may also want to watch:
The elderly man suffered slight injuries and was treated at Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntingdon before being discharged.
Crime scene investigators have visited the property and house-to-house enquiries are being conducted.
- 1 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 2 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 3 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 4 Homebirths suspended at Hinchingbrooke Hospital due to staff shortages
- 5 Delicious dessert shop 'Snik Snax' opens
- 6 Huntingdon dealer who stole from vulnerable man is jailed
- 7 Warning to Huntingdon residents about the legal use of e-scooters
- 8 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 9 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 10 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
Detective Inspector Dave Steward, investigating, said: "We would like to hear from anyone who may have seen or heard anything suspicious in Monarch Road in the early hours of yesterday morning.
"This was a very serious incident and any information, no matter how small, could help us to bring the offenders to justice."
INFORMATION: Contact DI Steward on 0345 456 4564 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.