75 jobs on the line at Cambourne firm
MORE than 70 jobs are under threat in Cambourne after an electronic billing firm announced plans to restructure. Convergys is looking to restructure the research and development side of its information management division in the UK. The US-based firm s
MORE than 70 jobs are under threat in Cambourne after an electronic billing firm announced plans to restructure.
Convergys is looking to restructure the research and development side of its information management division in the UK.
The US-based firm said this would have an 'impact' on about 75 employees at the site in Cambourne Business Park.
In a statement, Convergys said they had now entered into a consultation period with employees.
You may also want to watch:
The statement reads: "To better align onshore and offshore resourcing in response to current market trends, Convergys is considering a restructuring of the Research and Development side of its Information Management division in the UK. The restructuring would impact about 75 employees at the Cambourne site.
"No final decisions have yet been made, and the company is entering into a period of consultation with those employees who are potentially affected.
- 1 'Armed police' swarm St Ives road in 'ongoing incident'
- 2 Man suspected of carrying knife 'in the street' is arrested in St Ives
- 3 Prison for 'violent' blackmailers who told victim 'we'll stab you'
- 4 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 Here are your 'at a glance' lockdown changes from today (May 17)
- 7 Riley turns imagination into reality with best-selling adventure book
- 8 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 9 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
- 10 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone
"We remain dedicated to our Cambourne site and the talented employees who work there."
The company provides integrated billing, customer care and HR services and moved to Cambourne in 2000. They have refused to say how people they employ in Cambourne.