75 jobs on the line at Cambourne firm
MORE than 70 jobs are under threat in Cambourne after an electronic billing firm announced plans to restructure. Convergys is looking to restructure the research and development side of its information management division in the UK. The US-based firm s
MORE than 70 jobs are under threat in Cambourne after an electronic billing firm announced plans to restructure.
Convergys is looking to restructure the research and development side of its information management division in the UK.
The US-based firm said this would have an 'impact' on about 75 employees at the site in Cambourne Business Park.
In a statement, Convergys said they had now entered into a consultation period with employees.
You may also want to watch:
The statement reads: "To better align onshore and offshore resourcing in response to current market trends, Convergys is considering a restructuring of the Research and Development side of its Information Management division in the UK. The restructuring would impact about 75 employees at the Cambourne site.
"No final decisions have yet been made, and the company is entering into a period of consultation with those employees who are potentially affected.
- 1 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 2 Driver of fully laden HGV who failed breath test 'couldn't stand up unaided'
- 3 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 4 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 7 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 8 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 9 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 10 Plastic burgers and teething troubles - the Modern Mum
"We remain dedicated to our Cambourne site and the talented employees who work there."
The company provides integrated billing, customer care and HR services and moved to Cambourne in 2000. They have refused to say how people they employ in Cambourne.