75 jobs on the line at Cambourne firm
MORE than 70 jobs are under threat in Cambourne after an electronic billing firm announced plans to restructure. Convergys is looking to restructure the research and development side of its information management division in the UK. The US-based firm s
MORE than 70 jobs are under threat in Cambourne after an electronic billing firm announced plans to restructure.
Convergys is looking to restructure the research and development side of its information management division in the UK.
The US-based firm said this would have an 'impact' on about 75 employees at the site in Cambourne Business Park.
In a statement, Convergys said they had now entered into a consultation period with employees.
You may also want to watch:
The statement reads: "To better align onshore and offshore resourcing in response to current market trends, Convergys is considering a restructuring of the Research and Development side of its Information Management division in the UK. The restructuring would impact about 75 employees at the Cambourne site.
"No final decisions have yet been made, and the company is entering into a period of consultation with those employees who are potentially affected.
- 1 Seven of the prettiest villages in Huntingdonshire
- 2 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 3 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 4 'People are angry' - hundreds protest outside Camp Beagle
- 5 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 6 Strictly's Anton and Giovanni dazzle in sensational return to live theatre
- 7 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 8 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 9 Village Focus: Silver coins among ancient finds in Hartford
- 10 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
"We remain dedicated to our Cambourne site and the talented employees who work there."
The company provides integrated billing, customer care and HR services and moved to Cambourne in 2000. They have refused to say how people they employ in Cambourne.