66-year-old critically injured in car fire
A 66-YEAR-OLD man is in a critical condition in Hinchingbrooke Hospital after attempting to tackle a car fire with a garden hose.Arsonists are believed to be behind the blaze which took place in the man s silver Peugeot people carrier at about 6.20pm on
A 66-YEAR-OLD man is in a critical condition in Hinchingbrooke Hospital after attempting to tackle a car fire with a garden hose.
Arsonists are believed to be behind the blaze which took place in the man's silver Peugeot people carrier at about 6.20pm on Wednesday, November 14.
It was parked on a driveway outside the victim's house in Humberdale Way, in Warboys.
As he attempted to put the fire out he fell ill and collapsed due to smoke inhalation and had to be resucuitated by firefighters.
He is now in a stable but critical condition in hospital.
Detective Sergeant Carl Anderson, from Huntingdon Police Station, said: "We believe this fire was started deliberately and it has left a man in a serious condition in hospital.
- 1 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 4 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 5 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 6 Hinchingbrooke Hospital get share of £4.5m to 'improve care'
- 7 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 8 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 9 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 10 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
"I am very keen to find the person who started this fire and would appeal to anyone with information to come forward."
INFORMATION: Anyone with information should contact Det Sgt Anderson on 0845 4564564, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.