66-year-old critically injured in car fire
A 66-YEAR-OLD man is in a critical condition in Hinchingbrooke Hospital after attempting to tackle a car fire with a garden hose.Arsonists are believed to be behind the blaze which took place in the man s silver Peugeot people carrier at about 6.20pm on
A 66-YEAR-OLD man is in a critical condition in Hinchingbrooke Hospital after attempting to tackle a car fire with a garden hose.
Arsonists are believed to be behind the blaze which took place in the man's silver Peugeot people carrier at about 6.20pm on Wednesday, November 14.
It was parked on a driveway outside the victim's house in Humberdale Way, in Warboys.
As he attempted to put the fire out he fell ill and collapsed due to smoke inhalation and had to be resucuitated by firefighters.
You may also want to watch:
He is now in a stable but critical condition in hospital.
Detective Sergeant Carl Anderson, from Huntingdon Police Station, said: "We believe this fire was started deliberately and it has left a man in a serious condition in hospital.
- 1 Murder most foul in village's historical records
- 2 St Ives schoolboy looking to claim national title with Kettering Town
- 3 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 4 Hundreds sign petition to get drains cleared in Buckden after more flooding
- 5 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 6 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 7 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 8 Read about the interesting history of the village of Broughton
- 9 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 10 Family pets and beautiful wildlife for our Readers Photos this week
"I am very keen to find the person who started this fire and would appeal to anyone with information to come forward."
INFORMATION: Anyone with information should contact Det Sgt Anderson on 0845 4564564, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.