66-year-old critically injured in car fire
A 66-YEAR-OLD man is in a critical condition in Hinchingbrooke Hospital after attempting to tackle a car fire with a garden hose.Arsonists are believed to be behind the blaze which took place in the man s silver Peugeot people carrier at about 6.20pm on
A 66-YEAR-OLD man is in a critical condition in Hinchingbrooke Hospital after attempting to tackle a car fire with a garden hose.
Arsonists are believed to be behind the blaze which took place in the man's silver Peugeot people carrier at about 6.20pm on Wednesday, November 14.
It was parked on a driveway outside the victim's house in Humberdale Way, in Warboys.
As he attempted to put the fire out he fell ill and collapsed due to smoke inhalation and had to be resucuitated by firefighters.
He is now in a stable but critical condition in hospital.
Detective Sergeant Carl Anderson, from Huntingdon Police Station, said: "We believe this fire was started deliberately and it has left a man in a serious condition in hospital.
- 1 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
- 2 Jail for man who boasted he was the St Ives 'weed man'
- 3 Woman has 'medical episode' during A1(M) crash
- 4 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 5 13-year-old helped to rescue distressed paddleboarders
- 6 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 7 Thousands come together at RAF Wyton for Armed Forces Day
- 8 Man fined £300 after being linked to fly-tipping
- 9 John Major's 'bad luck' comment is 'absolutely disgraceful' says son of victim
- 10 Two-day closure set for B661 between Great Staughton and Grafham Water
"I am very keen to find the person who started this fire and would appeal to anyone with information to come forward."
INFORMATION: Anyone with information should contact Det Sgt Anderson on 0845 4564564, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.