50mph on the A1 in Cambs would make life more difficult
WITH reference to your article about the A1 Buckden to Southoe and changes to 50mph – I am not in support as a Southoe resident of 34 years.
Yes there has been a few accidents on the bends over this period but a change to 50mph would mean that we would not be able to join the A1 at Southoe due to the traffic going the same speed. As things stand if you wait, a space does come to cross or join the north or south carriageways quite safely and with no problem.
Please pass on this e-mail to the Highways Agency. I hope they take notice but they usually sit in the office and do not come out to see for themselves.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 2 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 3 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 4 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 5 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 6 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 7 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- 8 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 9 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 10 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire