50mph on the A1 in Cambs would make life more difficult
WITH reference to your article about the A1 Buckden to Southoe and changes to 50mph – I am not in support as a Southoe resident of 34 years.
Yes there has been a few accidents on the bends over this period but a change to 50mph would mean that we would not be able to join the A1 at Southoe due to the traffic going the same speed. As things stand if you wait, a space does come to cross or join the north or south carriageways quite safely and with no problem.
Please pass on this e-mail to the Highways Agency. I hope they take notice but they usually sit in the office and do not come out to see for themselves.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 2 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 3 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 4 Hinchingbrooke paediatrician’s relief after getting Covid-19 vaccine
- 5 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 6 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 7 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 8 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 9 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 10 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years