50mph on the A1 in Cambs would make life more difficult
WITH reference to your article about the A1 Buckden to Southoe and changes to 50mph – I am not in support as a Southoe resident of 34 years.
Yes there has been a few accidents on the bends over this period but a change to 50mph would mean that we would not be able to join the A1 at Southoe due to the traffic going the same speed. As things stand if you wait, a space does come to cross or join the north or south carriageways quite safely and with no problem.
Please pass on this e-mail to the Highways Agency. I hope they take notice but they usually sit in the office and do not come out to see for themselves.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 2 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 3 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 4 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 5 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 6 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 7 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 8 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 9 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 10 Charity 130-mile trek raises over £4,000 after rare diagnosis for Hunts man