4x4 driver sped off
IT S a sorry world we live in. My wife s small car, which was correctly parked outside our home on the evening of Friday, February 8, our wedding anniversary, was severely damaged by a large 4x4, which ran into the side of it, then backed away, tearing o
IT'S a sorry world we live in. My wife's small car, which was correctly parked outside our home on the evening of Friday, February 8, our wedding anniversary, was severely damaged by a large 4x4, which ran into the side of it, then backed away, tearing off her car's back wheel and possibly twisting its chassis with his powerful vehicle.
At that moment, my wife ran out of the house, having heard the very loud bang of the impact, ran to the front passenger window of the 4x4, getting a glimpse of the about 50-year-old driver, who then just calmly drove away.
Unfortunately, it being dark, and my wife being in a state of shock, she did not get his car's registration number. However, we called the police, and gave them his albeit brief description.
Apart from its spoiling our anniversary, my wife is the principal carer for her father who suffers from dementia and lives in Godmanchester. She therefore has to visit every day to take care of him.
You may also want to watch:
This degenerate 4x4 driver has now removed her ability to do this on a daily basis for quite a while, while her car is repaired or, if a write-off, which is quite possible, replaced.
I would like to send a personal message to this despicable man, in view of the distress and anguish his appallingly bad driving and selfishness have caused, to hope he has the decency and honesty to acknowledge the error of his ways and come forward.
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 'People are angry' - hundreds protest outside Camp Beagle
- 3 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 4 Day of action at Camp Beagle as protesters demand release of puppies
- 5 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 6 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 7 Strictly's Anton and Giovanni dazzle in sensational return to live theatre
- 8 Plea for caution as Covid-19 rates rise
- 9 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 10 Maddy's epic Channel swim will be 'powered by plants'
However, like so many anti-social Chelsea tractor drivers, who believe they own the road, I somehow doubt he even thinks he has done anything wrong, and if eventually accosted would probably want an apology from my wife for parking her little car in his way.