I AM writing following the request in your paper for information regarding spending £1million in St Neots. I feel the £1million, together with the £1million supposedly held by the St Neots swimming pool fund, could not only provide a good outdoor pool wit
I AM writing following the request in your paper for information regarding spending £1million in St Neots.
I feel the £1million, together with the £1million supposedly held by the St Neots swimming pool fund, could not only provide a good outdoor pool with cover in bad weather but a cinema as well.
Now that Gates are moving abroad and to Eaton Socon, perhaps the site of their old building could be a good place for our cinema.
As far as turning the Market Square into a piazza for al fresco dining, we have a coffee bar now, the previous restaurant having failed. It's a nice idea, but you must take into account the vandals who would see the project as a challenge for them to wreck.
You may also want to watch:
Why not ask the Lord of the Manor what he thinks of the idea? After all, he has a say in what goes on in the Market Square. Better still, why not ask Huntingdon councillors for their ideas, as they seem to have the ability to provide anything they want in Huntingdon.
Having been born and bred in the area it saddens me to see what was a grand town continue to go downhill through lack of inspiration.
- 1 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 2 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 3 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed
- 4 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 5 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 6 Cambs police officer saves life of man who overdosed in park
- 7 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 8 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
- 9 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 10 Huntingdon business is first in UK to supply American craft beer
J SURKITT, St Neots