I AM writing following the request in your paper for information regarding spending £1million in St Neots. I feel the £1million, together with the £1million supposedly held by the St Neots swimming pool fund, could not only provide a good outdoor pool wit
I AM writing following the request in your paper for information regarding spending £1million in St Neots.
I feel the £1million, together with the £1million supposedly held by the St Neots swimming pool fund, could not only provide a good outdoor pool with cover in bad weather but a cinema as well.
Now that Gates are moving abroad and to Eaton Socon, perhaps the site of their old building could be a good place for our cinema.
As far as turning the Market Square into a piazza for al fresco dining, we have a coffee bar now, the previous restaurant having failed. It's a nice idea, but you must take into account the vandals who would see the project as a challenge for them to wreck.
You may also want to watch:
Why not ask the Lord of the Manor what he thinks of the idea? After all, he has a say in what goes on in the Market Square. Better still, why not ask Huntingdon councillors for their ideas, as they seem to have the ability to provide anything they want in Huntingdon.
Having been born and bred in the area it saddens me to see what was a grand town continue to go downhill through lack of inspiration.
- 1 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 2 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 3 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 4 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road
- 5 Wanted woman accused of killing children in M1 crash could be in Huntingdon
- 6 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 7 Freed from custody, animal rights campaigner back at Camp Beagle
- 8 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 9 446 catalytic converter thefts in just 8 months reported in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
J SURKITT, St Neots