�100,000 grant provides boost for youth sport in Warboys
A �10,000 grant has been used to help improve sports facilities in Warboys. The money has been used to drain land, providing a training venue for Colts teams. The two hectares of land at Forge Way sports field was drained in the summer by Sports Drainage
A �10,000 grant has been used to help improve sports facilities in Warboys.
The money has been used to drain land, providing a training venue for Colts teams.
The two hectares of land at Forge Way sports field was drained in the summer by Sports Drainage Solutions of Somersham and was paid for by Warboys Sports Ground Committee (WSGC) with lottery money and the Red Tile Wind Farm Trust Fund Ltd.
John Rignall, chairman of the WSGC, a group which manages the field on behalf of Warboys, said: "This area of ground was of little use being too wet for organised sport. It is now envisaged that this narrow neck of ground will be used for mini football but primarily as a training area thus relieving the pressure on the main pitches."
You may also want to watch:
The land is set to benefit more than 100 young footballers.
- 1 East West Rail Route - further consultation going ahead
- 2 Is this the ghost of a nun who haunts an old Huntingdon bridge?
- 3 Man escapes ‘shocking case’ of modern slavery at hand car wash
- 4 Transporter carrying cars bursts into flames in village near St Neots
- 5 Man who died in road crash is named
- 6 Brampton Post Office customers say fond farewell to postmaster
- 7 Godmanchester man used Grindr in attempt to meet ‘teenage boy’
- 8 Kimbolton business announces new CEO
- 9 Fish and Chip shop wins award
- 10 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years