�100,000 grant provides boost for youth sport in Warboys
A �10,000 grant has been used to help improve sports facilities in Warboys. The money has been used to drain land, providing a training venue for Colts teams. The two hectares of land at Forge Way sports field was drained in the summer by Sports Drainage
A �10,000 grant has been used to help improve sports facilities in Warboys.
The money has been used to drain land, providing a training venue for Colts teams.
The two hectares of land at Forge Way sports field was drained in the summer by Sports Drainage Solutions of Somersham and was paid for by Warboys Sports Ground Committee (WSGC) with lottery money and the Red Tile Wind Farm Trust Fund Ltd.
John Rignall, chairman of the WSGC, a group which manages the field on behalf of Warboys, said: "This area of ground was of little use being too wet for organised sport. It is now envisaged that this narrow neck of ground will be used for mini football but primarily as a training area thus relieving the pressure on the main pitches."
You may also want to watch:
The land is set to benefit more than 100 young footballers.
- 1 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 2 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 3 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 4 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 7 Hinchingbrooke paediatrician’s relief after getting Covid-19 vaccine
- 8 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 9 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 10 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced