�100,000 grant provides boost for youth sport in Warboys
A �10,000 grant has been used to help improve sports facilities in Warboys. The money has been used to drain land, providing a training venue for Colts teams. The two hectares of land at Forge Way sports field was drained in the summer by Sports Drainage
A �10,000 grant has been used to help improve sports facilities in Warboys.
The money has been used to drain land, providing a training venue for Colts teams.
The two hectares of land at Forge Way sports field was drained in the summer by Sports Drainage Solutions of Somersham and was paid for by Warboys Sports Ground Committee (WSGC) with lottery money and the Red Tile Wind Farm Trust Fund Ltd.
John Rignall, chairman of the WSGC, a group which manages the field on behalf of Warboys, said: "This area of ground was of little use being too wet for organised sport. It is now envisaged that this narrow neck of ground will be used for mini football but primarily as a training area thus relieving the pressure on the main pitches."
You may also want to watch:
The land is set to benefit more than 100 young footballers.
- 1 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 2 Alconbury to benefit from £200,000 flood protection funding
- 3 Giant elephant and free rides at Huntingdon Fun Day
- 4 Group charged in connection with Rutland Cycling burglary
- 5 Seven arrested after £70k-worth of bicycles stolen
- 6 New project will enhance river at Godmanchester
- 7 Sewer network improvements in £600k investment for St Neots
- 8 Village job club providing vital service
- 9 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 10 Ramsey Rural Museum's new shop display opens