�10,000 worth of stolen copper cable found in St Neots
STOLEN copper cable worth �10,000 has been recovered in St Neots.The five to six tons of cable is believed to have been stolen from a telephone exchange in Croxton, near St Neots, overnight on Sunday (January 17).Investigations led BT officers and polic
STOLEN copper cable worth �10,000 has been recovered in St Neots.
The five to six tons of cable is believed to have been stolen from a telephone exchange in Croxton, near St Neots, overnight on Sunday (January 17).
Investigations led BT officers and police to land near St Neots travellers' site in Cambridge Road on Tuesday afternoon (January 19) where the cable was discovered.
Inspector Dick Turner said: "No arrests have been made for this crime but investigations are continuing and we are committed to bringing thieves to justice.
You may also want to watch:
"The theft of telecommunications cable is a crime that everyone ends up paying for so we would encourage anyone with information or who witnesses suspicious activity, particularly around vulnerable sites, to call police."
INFORMATION: Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 0345 4564564.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Seven of the prettiest villages in Huntingdonshire
- 3 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 4 'People are angry' - hundreds protest outside Camp Beagle
- 5 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 6 Strictly's Anton and Giovanni dazzle in sensational return to live theatre
- 7 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 8 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 9 300 take part in autonomous shuttle passenger trial
- 10 Village Focus: Silver coins among ancient finds in Hartford