�10,000 worth of stolen copper cable found in St Neots
STOLEN copper cable worth �10,000 has been recovered in St Neots.The five to six tons of cable is believed to have been stolen from a telephone exchange in Croxton, near St Neots, overnight on Sunday (January 17).Investigations led BT officers and polic
STOLEN copper cable worth �10,000 has been recovered in St Neots.
The five to six tons of cable is believed to have been stolen from a telephone exchange in Croxton, near St Neots, overnight on Sunday (January 17).
Investigations led BT officers and police to land near St Neots travellers' site in Cambridge Road on Tuesday afternoon (January 19) where the cable was discovered.
Inspector Dick Turner said: "No arrests have been made for this crime but investigations are continuing and we are committed to bringing thieves to justice.
You may also want to watch:
"The theft of telecommunications cable is a crime that everyone ends up paying for so we would encourage anyone with information or who witnesses suspicious activity, particularly around vulnerable sites, to call police."
INFORMATION: Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 0345 4564564.
- 1 'Armed police' swarm St Ives road in 'ongoing incident'
- 2 'She would help anyone' - Tributes to much-loved Tegan Luff
- 3 Man suspected of carrying knife 'in the street' is arrested in St Ives
- 4 Prison for 'violent' blackmailers who told victim 'we'll stab you'
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 7 Hunts youngsters simply enjoying playing cricket again
- 8 Here are your 'at a glance' lockdown changes from today (May 17)
- 9 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 10 Huntingdon care home is offering dementia advice