�10,000 worth of stolen copper cable found in St Neots
STOLEN copper cable worth �10,000 has been recovered in St Neots.The five to six tons of cable is believed to have been stolen from a telephone exchange in Croxton, near St Neots, overnight on Sunday (January 17).Investigations led BT officers and polic
STOLEN copper cable worth �10,000 has been recovered in St Neots.
The five to six tons of cable is believed to have been stolen from a telephone exchange in Croxton, near St Neots, overnight on Sunday (January 17).
Investigations led BT officers and police to land near St Neots travellers' site in Cambridge Road on Tuesday afternoon (January 19) where the cable was discovered.
Inspector Dick Turner said: "No arrests have been made for this crime but investigations are continuing and we are committed to bringing thieves to justice.
You may also want to watch:
"The theft of telecommunications cable is a crime that everyone ends up paying for so we would encourage anyone with information or who witnesses suspicious activity, particularly around vulnerable sites, to call police."
INFORMATION: Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 0345 4564564.
- 1 Driver of fully laden HGV who failed breath test 'couldn't stand up unaided'
- 2 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 3 It's snowing! Send us your snow photos
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 6 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 7 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 8 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 9 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 10 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'