�10,000 worth of stolen copper cable found in St Neots
STOLEN copper cable worth �10,000 has been recovered in St Neots.The five to six tons of cable is believed to have been stolen from a telephone exchange in Croxton, near St Neots, overnight on Sunday (January 17).Investigations led BT officers and polic
STOLEN copper cable worth �10,000 has been recovered in St Neots.
The five to six tons of cable is believed to have been stolen from a telephone exchange in Croxton, near St Neots, overnight on Sunday (January 17).
Investigations led BT officers and police to land near St Neots travellers' site in Cambridge Road on Tuesday afternoon (January 19) where the cable was discovered.
Inspector Dick Turner said: "No arrests have been made for this crime but investigations are continuing and we are committed to bringing thieves to justice.
"The theft of telecommunications cable is a crime that everyone ends up paying for so we would encourage anyone with information or who witnesses suspicious activity, particularly around vulnerable sites, to call police."
INFORMATION: Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 0345 4564564.
- 1 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 2 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit
- 3 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 4 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 5 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Huntingdon is full of Christmas cheer
- 8 Could you give these pets a home?
- 9 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 10 Huntingdon Racecourse - surviving the pandemic and then came the floods!