�10,000 worth of stolen copper cable found in St Neots
STOLEN copper cable worth �10,000 has been recovered in St Neots.The five to six tons of cable is believed to have been stolen from a telephone exchange in Croxton, near St Neots, overnight on Sunday (January 17).Investigations led BT officers and polic
STOLEN copper cable worth �10,000 has been recovered in St Neots.
The five to six tons of cable is believed to have been stolen from a telephone exchange in Croxton, near St Neots, overnight on Sunday (January 17).
Investigations led BT officers and police to land near St Neots travellers' site in Cambridge Road on Tuesday afternoon (January 19) where the cable was discovered.
Inspector Dick Turner said: "No arrests have been made for this crime but investigations are continuing and we are committed to bringing thieves to justice.
You may also want to watch:
"The theft of telecommunications cable is a crime that everyone ends up paying for so we would encourage anyone with information or who witnesses suspicious activity, particularly around vulnerable sites, to call police."
INFORMATION: Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 0345 4564564.
- 1 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 2 One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 3 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 4 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 5 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 6 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 7 Tim retires after 25 years with law firm
- 8 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?
- 9 Hunts Post Reader Photos for this week
- 10 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots