Woman treated by ambulance crew after St Neots flat fire

PUBLISHED: 11:41 13 March 2018 | UPDATED: 11:41 13 March 2018

Archant

A woman has been treated for the effects of smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in a flat in St Neots early this morning (Tuesday).

Two fire crews from St Neots were called out to an address in the Mill Road area of Eaton Ford after an automatic fire alarm went off at about 2.20am.

They arrived to find smoke coming from a ground floor flat and firefighters, wearing breathing apparatus, rescued one casualty.

A spokesman for the ambulance service said: “At 2.38am we were called to a house fire in Hanover Close, Eaton Ford, to reports of a patient with suspected smoke inhalation. Two ambulance crews were dispatched to the scene.

“The patient, thought to be a woman in her 70’s, was treated at the scene with suspected smoke inhalation but no-one required hospital treatment.”

Firefighters said the cause of the fire was accidental.

More news stories

15:43

Rivers and wildlife could be left without sufficient water unless action is taken to reduce water use and wastage, according to an Environment Agency report.

14:25

A St Ives business is doing its bit for the environment by signing up to a scheme that promotes free water refills.

12:10

A man who admitted raping and sexually abusing a child has been sentenced to 13-and-a-half years in prison.

Doctors at a practice in St Ives that was rated inadequate by inspectors admitted they were shocked by the findings, but used the report to bring about a rapid improvement in standards.

Most read stories

Local business directory

Cambridgeshire's trusted business finder
HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Hunts Post e-edition E-edition

Newsletter Sign Up

Hunts Post weekly newsletter
Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Our Privacy Policy