Van catches fire near Monk’s Wood

09:42 08 January 2013

fire, fireman, fire officer, hosepipe, fire service,

fire, fireman, fire officer, hosepipe, fire service,

Archant

AN electrical fault caused a fire to break out in a van on Monday (January 7).

The small diesel van was travelling along the B1090, close to Monk’s Wood, when the fire started at about 5.15pm.

Firefighters from Sawtry arrived to find the van half on, half off the carriageway.

The fire was extinguished and the crew was back at base by 6.15pm.

0 comments

More news stories

Anglian Water has pledged to spend more than £9million upgrading its network across Huntingdonshire in the next year.

The mayor of St Ives, Cllr Ian Jackson, with Gilly Jackson, and Scouts Holly, Nathan and Areeya.

The 5th St Ives Scouts welcomed a very special guest for their very own Master Chef challenge.

Yesterday, 15:45
Tumble dryer causes fire in Eynesbury home

Firefighters were called a blaze in Eynesbury this morning (Friday) after a tumble dryer caught light.

Yesterday, 11:41
The scene of the fire, in Tilbrook.

Firefighters prevented a blaze at a straw recycling facility in Tilbrook from escalating into a major incident.

”Calendar"/

Most read stories

Most commented stories

HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Hunts Post e-edition E-edition