Two-year-old girl rescued from Huntingdonshire lake after falling in while in pushchair

18:53 11 March 2014

A two-year-old girl was rescued from a Buckden lake.

A two-year-old girl was rescued from a Buckden lake.

Archant

A two-year-old girl was rescued from a small lake in Buckden this morning (Tuesday) after she fell in while in her pushchair.

Paramedics rushed to the Huntingdonshire village after receiving reports of a baby having fallen into a lake at about 11.41am.

A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance said: “When ambulance crews arrived on scene they found out that the two-year-old girl had entered the small lake while still in her pushchair, and had thankfully been pulled out of the water very quickly.

“She was very lucky that she wasn’t submerged in the water for long and as a result did not appear to be seriously hurt. She was taken by ambulance to Hinchingbrooke Hospital for further assessment as a precaution.”

The ambulance service sent a rapid response car, an ambulance officer, and an ambulance to the scene. The air ambulance response car was also mobilised but was stood down when it became apparent that the casualty didn’t require critical care.

0 comments

More news stories

The Hunts Post Hustings, at Huntingdon Regional College, Green Party Tom Maclellan,

Next month’s General Election could be the most tightly fought in decades and last Thursday (April 16) night an audience of voters at Huntingdonshire Regional College were given the opportunity to find out what the prospective parliamentary candidates for the Huntingdon seat will be offering should they be selected.

Yesterday, 13:00
Annabelle, centre, who is doing the bean bath stunt, pictured with SIYT members (from left) Paul, Sam, Chloe and Holly.

A St Ivo pupil plans to sit in a bath of beans in St Ives town centre to raise money for a theatre group’s performance in Edinburgh.

Yesterday, 08:47
Police are investigating after a 16-year-old boy was left with serious injuries.

A teenager suffered serious neck injuries after rope tied between trees in St Neots caused him to come off his motorbike.

Friday, April 24, 2015
Ben who was believed to have been targeted with boiling water.

A cat owner has spoken of his shock after his pet returned home with severe burns thought to have been caused by having boiling water thrown over him.

”Calendar"/

Most read stories

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Hunts Post e-edition today E-edition