Two people rescued from burning St Neots home

09:39 20 February 2014

Archant

Two people were escorted from their St Neots home last night (Wednesday) after a fire broke out in a bedroom.

Firefighters were called to Sandfields Road at about 11pm after the alarm was raised. The fire was extinguished by 11.37pm.

A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “Crews also led two people to safety.”

Paramedics assessed a man and a woman at the scene before taking one for further treatment for smoke inhalation.

The cause of fire was accidental.

0 comments

More news stories

Buckden Primary School pupils at Grafham Water

Pupils from Buckden Primary School breathed new life into Grafham Water’s drought garden as part of National Gardening Week.

Yesterday, 16:49

Two former Kimbolton School teachers charged with a number of sex offences against children are due to appear at Peterborough Crown Court on Tuesday (May 3).

Yesterday, 14:00
Huntingdon Bowls Club refurbishment, (l-r) Secretary Mike Anderson, and Chairman Mick Verlander,

Bowls club members have celebrated the opening of their redeveloped clubhouse after suffering three break-ins and a fire last year.

Yesterday, 13:17

Fire service investigators believe an electrical adaptor was to blame for a blaze which broke out at a pub in Eaton Socon on Thursday night (April 28).

Most read stories

Local business directory

Cambridgeshire's trusted business finder
HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Hunts Post e-edition E-edition

Newsletter Sign Up