Trapped horse freed by firefighters

10:28 27 January 2014

Fire crews were called to make the damaged chimney safe

Fire crews were called to make the damaged chimney safe

Archant

A horse which had been stuck in the mud in Kimbolton for three days was freed by firefighters.

Together with a vet, one fire crew from Kimbolton and two from Huntingdon, including specialist crews that deal with incidents involving large animals were called to Rookery Lane at 12.35am.

It was not until 3.46am that the horse was removed into a second field.

The horse is now said to be fit and healthy following the incident.

0 comments

More news stories

in 27 minutes

Anglian Water has pledged to spend more than £9million upgrading its network across Huntingdonshire in the next year.

The mayor of St Ives, Cllr Ian Jackson, with Gilly Jackson, and Scouts Holly, Nathan and Areeya.

The 5th St Ives Scouts welcomed a very special guest for their very own Master Chef challenge.

Yesterday, 15:45
Tumble dryer causes fire in Eynesbury home

Firefighters were called a blaze in Eynesbury this morning (Friday) after a tumble dryer caught light.

Yesterday, 11:41
The scene of the fire, in Tilbrook.

Firefighters prevented a blaze at a straw recycling facility in Tilbrook from escalating into a major incident.

”Calendar"/

Most read stories

Most commented stories

HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Hunts Post e-edition E-edition