Thermal imaging camera spots chimney fire at Huntingdonshire thatched cottage

10:33 13 January 2014

Archant

Firefighters used a thermal imaging camera to detect a small chimney fire affecting a thatched cottage.

Fire crews from Huntingdon, St Ives and Peterborough were sent to School Lane in Kings Ripton at 7.05pm on Friday after a fire started in a chimney stack.

When the firefighters arrived the homeowner thought the fire was extinguished, but the crews used a thermal imaging camera and found a small fire within the chimney.

They stripped back some of the thatch and used chimney rods to extinguish the fire by 8.10pm.

1 comment

  • When the firefighters arrived the homeowner thought the fire was extinguished, but the crews used a thermal imaging camera and found a small fire within the chimney.......bam80.com

    Report this comment

    kim

    Monday, January 13, 2014

More news stories

Yesterday, 13:12

A motorcyclist who died following a collision near Glatton on Monday has been identified by police.

Yesterday, 08:58
Sawtry Scarecrow Festival,  Hugh Spencer, from Bedford Road,

More than 20 homes and organisations are taking part in this year’s Sawtry Scarecrow Festival.

Yesterday, 08:30
Open Garden with Alpaca at Ring Fen, Holme Fen Drove, Colne, Liz Grange from Houghton Hall Alpacas, and Boy Freddy Leonsendon,

An open garden event to raise money for the East Anglian Air Ambulance and MAGPAS has been hailed a huge success.

Yesterday, 06:30
Pupils with their medals pictured with left to right: Chris Randall (Rotary Club) Mrs Shani Charlton - TA and grandmother to 16 month old Hugo Charlton-Lilley, who ran the Fun Run and raised £55 for Spinning Infants, Brian Mathson (Rotary Club) and Carol Birch – assistant head.

Pupils and staff celebrated after completing the Ramsey Rotary Club Fun Run to raise money for their school.

Most read stories

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Hunts Post e-edition today E-edition