Thermal imaging camera spots chimney fire at Huntingdonshire thatched cottage

PUBLISHED: 10:33 13 January 2014 | UPDATED: 10:33 13 January 2014

Archant

Firefighters used a thermal imaging camera to detect a small chimney fire affecting a thatched cottage.

Fire crews from Huntingdon, St Ives and Peterborough were sent to School Lane in Kings Ripton at 7.05pm on Friday after a fire started in a chimney stack.

When the firefighters arrived the homeowner thought the fire was extinguished, but the crews used a thermal imaging camera and found a small fire within the chimney.

They stripped back some of the thatch and used chimney rods to extinguish the fire by 8.10pm.

1 comment

  • When the firefighters arrived the homeowner thought the fire was extinguished, but the crews used a thermal imaging camera and found a small fire within the chimney.......bam80.com

    Report this comment

    kim

    Monday, January 13, 2014

More news stories

Yesterday, 16:30

Three people are being questioned by police following a raid in St Neots this morning (Tuesday).

Yesterday, 15:24

An elderly woman was rescued from her home last night (Monday) following a fire in Somersham.

Yesterday, 12:02

The chief constable of Cambridgeshire police has said patrols in the county will be stepped up in the wake of the terrorist attack in Manchester last night (Monday).

Yesterday, 11:41

There are lengthy delays on the A14 near Hemingford Abbots after a collision on the eastbound carriageway.

Most read stories

Local business directory

Cambridgeshire's trusted business finder
HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Hunts Post e-edition E-edition

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter