St Neots man rescues chickens after fire is started in garden

12:06 11 December 2012

Man rescues chickens

Man rescues chickens

Archant

A MAN suffered smoke inhalation when he was forced to rescue his chickens after a hedge was set alight at the bottom of his garden.

Firefighters were called to Lammas Way, St Neots, at 8.35pm last night (Monday) and extinguished the fire. They assisted paramedics treating the man before returning to base at 9.40pm.

The cause of the fire was deliberate.

INFORMATION: Anyone with information should call Cambridgeshire police on 101.

1 comment

More news stories

Yesterday, 11:49
Mandeville Hall Kimbolton, has had Infrared heating to its Main Hall and Community & Youth Hall, (l-r) Chairman Robert Oliver, from ACRE Lisa Chambers, from WREN Kerry Talbot, Managing Director of ACRE Andy Bloore

Kimbolton residents and community groups are set to benefit following the installation of new state-of-the-art infrared heating panels and LED lighting in the Mandeville Hall.

Yesterday, 12:57
Cllr Mac McGuire is asking for feedback from residents.

The library in St Ives has been selected to trial new technology which could help safeguard its opening hours.

Yesterday, 08:33
Huntingdonshire District Council

A proposal to turn a Hemingford Abbots golf course into a First World War education hub has been deferred by Huntingdonshire District Council.

Sunday, May 29, 2016
Jordan Jones, from Muscle Monkey, in St Ives.

From designing t-shirts with friends to being scouted by major sportswear brands, a former St Ivo School pupil has reached the heights of retail success at the age of 20.

Most read stories

Local business directory

Cambridgeshire's trusted business finder
HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Hunts Post e-edition E-edition

Newsletter Sign Up