St Neots man rescues chickens after fire is started in garden

PUBLISHED: 12:06 11 December 2012

Man rescues chickens

Man rescues chickens

Archant

A MAN suffered smoke inhalation when he was forced to rescue his chickens after a hedge was set alight at the bottom of his garden.

Firefighters were called to Lammas Way, St Neots, at 8.35pm last night (Monday) and extinguished the fire. They assisted paramedics treating the man before returning to base at 9.40pm.

The cause of the fire was deliberate.

INFORMATION: Anyone with information should call Cambridgeshire police on 101.

More news stories

29 minutes ago

A police car smashed into a set of railings in St Ives while pursuing a van suspected of being used as part of a burglary.

Staff and pupils at Brington Primary School are celebrating after receiving a ringing endorsement from education inspectors.

07:50

Moving on a group of travellers who had set up camp on a recreation area has cost Godmanchester Town Council nearly £4,000.

Yesterday, 16:11

A new report which shows that carrying out voluntary work in the natural world can bring mental health benefits has been welcomed by the Wildlife Trusts which cover the Huntingdonshire area.

Most read stories

Local business directory

Cambridgeshire's trusted business finder
HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Hunts Post e-edition E-edition

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter