Murdered tot Amina Agboola’s mum given suspended sentence for neglect

09:19 17 July 2014

Amina Agboola

Amina Agboola

Archant

A mother has been handed a suspended jail sentence after her boyfriend murdered her toddler daughter.

Amina Agboola was just two when she died of her injuries inflicted by former Sawtry student Dean Harris.

Sarah Racqueman, of Scott Drive, Yaxley, was sentenced at Cambridge Crown Court on Friday (July 11) after admitting two counts of neglect. She had also been accused of causing or allowing her daughter’s death, but was cleared by a jury.

Harris, 19, was convicted of murder following a trial and will be sentenced at a later date.

The court heard how the toddler had been kicked so hard by the teenager that it ruptured her liver. She also had a number of other injuries, including an untreated broken wrist.

Racqueman had been repeatedly warned that Harris had a history of violence, drug use and had abused a former girlfriend.

The 29-year-old was sentenced to 11 months in prison, suspended for 18 months.

More news stories

The Hunts Post Hustings, at Huntingdon Regional College, Green Party Tom Maclellan,

Next month’s General Election could be the most tightly fought in decades and last Thursday (April 16) night an audience of voters at Huntingdonshire Regional College were given the opportunity to find out what the prospective parliamentary candidates for the Huntingdon seat will be offering should they be selected.

Yesterday, 13:00
Annabelle, centre, who is doing the bean bath stunt, pictured with SIYT members (from left) Paul, Sam, Chloe and Holly.

A St Ivo pupil plans to sit in a bath of beans in St Ives town centre to raise money for a theatre group’s performance in Edinburgh.

Yesterday, 08:47
Police are investigating after a 16-year-old boy was left with serious injuries.

A teenager suffered serious neck injuries after rope tied between trees in St Neots caused him to come off his motorbike.

Friday, April 24, 2015
Ben who was believed to have been targeted with boiling water.

A cat owner has spoken of his shock after his pet returned home with severe burns thought to have been caused by having boiling water thrown over him.

”Calendar"/

Most read stories

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Hunts Post e-edition today E-edition