Firefighters used a thermal imaging camera to detect a small chimney fire affecting a thatched cottage.

To send a link to this page to a friend, you must be logged in.

Fire crews from Huntingdon, St Ives and Peterborough were sent to School Lane in Kings Ripton at 7.05pm on Friday after a fire started in a chimney stack.

When the firefighters arrived the homeowner thought the fire was extinguished, but the crews used a thermal imaging camera and found a small fire within the chimney.

They stripped back some of the thatch and used chimney rods to extinguish the fire by 8.10pm.

1 comment

  • When the firefighters arrived the homeowner thought the fire was extinguished, but the crews used a thermal imaging camera and found a small fire within the chimney.......bam80.com

    Report this comment

    kim

    Monday, January 13, 2014

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Homes24
Jobs24
Drive24
LocalSearch24
MyDate24
MyPhotos24
FamilyNotices24
Weddingsite

Click here to read more of our digital publications
Hunts Post Business Awards Reader Holidays Paper delivery enquiries Retailers List

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT