March 11 2014 Latest news:
Monday, January 13, 2014
Firefighters used a thermal imaging camera to detect a small chimney fire affecting a thatched cottage.
Fire crews from Huntingdon, St Ives and Peterborough were sent to School Lane in Kings Ripton at 7.05pm on Friday after a fire started in a chimney stack.
When the firefighters arrived the homeowner thought the fire was extinguished, but the crews used a thermal imaging camera and found a small fire within the chimney.
They stripped back some of the thatch and used chimney rods to extinguish the fire by 8.10pm.