Kitchen catches fire in Warboys after flammable items left on hob

Firefighters were called to a caravan and house fire in Whaddon last night (Sunday) Firefighters were called to a caravan and house fire in Whaddon last night (Sunday)

Thursday, March 27, 2014
9:39 AM

Firefighters battled a kitchen fire in Warboys yesterday afternoon (Wednesday).

To send a link to this page to a friend, you must be logged in.

One crew from Huntingdon and one crew from Chatteris were called to Knowles Avenue at 4.10pm. Everyone was safely out of the property by the time they arrived.

Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel to extinguish it.

The cause of the fire was accidental, after the occupant left flammable materials on top of a hot hob.

Crews returned to their stations by 4.50pm.

A CFRS spokesman said: “Hobs can stay hot for a considerable length of time after being used so we would urge people to keep flammable items - especially plastic and clothing - away from them.

“Always remember, if you are cooking, to never leave it unattended, and most importantly make sure you have a correctly fitted working smoking alarm on every floor of your home.”

0 comments

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Homes24
Jobs24
Drive24
LocalSearch24
MyDate24
MyPhotos24
FamilyNotices24
Weddingsite

Click here to read more of our digital publications
Wedding Show Reader Holidays Paper delivery enquiries Retailers List

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT