September 30 2014 Latest news:
Friday, August 22, 2014
Firefighters rushed to the scene after the roof of a Huntingdon industrial building caught fire.
One crew from Sawtry, one from Huntingdon, and an aerial appliance from Cambridge were called to VIP Polymers in Windover Road at 2.17am yesterday (Thursday).
The fire, which was in a large piece of construction equipment, was extinguished using two hose reels and a jet. The aerial appliance was then used to inspect the roof space, before crews returned to their stations by 4.20am.
The fire was accidental, caused by an electrical fault.