Fire breaks out at St Neots telephone exchange

Monday, May 19, 2014
11:25 AM

Firefighters battled a blaze at the telephone exchange in St Neots.

To send a link to this page to a friend, you must be logged in.

A crew from the town was called to the fire in Tan Yard at 5.16pm yesterday (Sunday), where a high voltage power cable inside the engine room had caught fire.

Wearing breathing apparatus, two firefighters used a hose reel and two CO2 extinguishers to put out the flames. Fans were then used to clear smoke from the building.

Crews returned to base by 8.05pm.

The cause of the fire was accidental.

0 comments

Comments

Welcome , please leave your message below.

Optional - JPG files only
Optional - MP3 files only
Optional - 3GP, AVI, MOV, MPG or WMV files
Comments

Please log in to leave a comment and share your views with other Hunts Post visitors.

We enable people to post comments with the aim of encouraging open debate.

Only people who register and sign up to our terms and conditions can post comments. These terms and conditions explain our house rules and legal guidelines.

Comments are not edited by Hunts Post staff prior to publication but may be automatically filtered.

If you have a complaint about a comment please contact us by clicking on the Report This Comment button next to the comment.

Forgotten your password?

Not a member yet?

Register to create your own unique Hunts Post account for free.

Signing up is free, quick and easy and offers you the chance to add comments, personalise the site with local information picked just for you, and more.

Sign up now

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Homes24
Jobs24
Drive24
LocalSearch24
MyDate24
MyPhotos24
FamilyNotices24
Weddingsite

Click here to read more of our digital publications
Wedding Show Paper delivery enquiries Retailers List Reader Holidays

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT