Story by: ANDREW PAPWORTH
Thursday, January 24, 2013
RESIDENTS have been warned to get their chimneys swept after a fire in Conington.
Firefighters from Sawtry were called to the incident in Conington Lane, Conington at 8pm on Wednesday (January 23).
The cause was accidental and the crew extinguished the fire and returned to Sawtry by 9.10pm.
“Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year,” a fire service spokesman said. “This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”