Kitchen catches fire in Warboys after flammable items left on hob

09:39 27 March 2014

Firefighters were called to a caravan and house fire in Whaddon last night (Sunday)

Firefighters were called to a caravan and house fire in Whaddon last night (Sunday)

Archant

Firefighters battled a kitchen fire in Warboys yesterday afternoon (Wednesday).

One crew from Huntingdon and one crew from Chatteris were called to Knowles Avenue at 4.10pm. Everyone was safely out of the property by the time they arrived.

Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel to extinguish it.

The cause of the fire was accidental, after the occupant left flammable materials on top of a hot hob.

Crews returned to their stations by 4.50pm.

A CFRS spokesman said: “Hobs can stay hot for a considerable length of time after being used so we would urge people to keep flammable items - especially plastic and clothing - away from them.

“Always remember, if you are cooking, to never leave it unattended, and most importantly make sure you have a correctly fitted working smoking alarm on every floor of your home.”

0 comments

More news stories

13:43
The scene of the incident, near Lancaster Way, in Huntingdon.

Police have identified the man involved in a fatal collision in Huntingdon yesterday (Wednesday, February 10).

Councillor Barry Chapman

Plans to build new storage facilities on a former airfield near St Neots have sparked fears that hundreds more lorries on the A428 could cause misery for motorists.

08:13
Cambridge Crown Court.

A court has heard that a man who carried an axe and an air rifle in St Neots was “mentally unwell at the time of the offences” and handed him a hospital order.

Esme Johnson

A Great Gransden schoolgirl has organised a charity cycle ride to raise money for the Macmillan Woodlands Centre Appeal at Hinchingbrooke Hospital.

”Calendar"/

Most read stories

Most commented stories

HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Hunts Post e-edition E-edition