Huntingdon industrial building catches fire

08:56 22 August 2014

Firefighters were called to Windover Road yesterday.

Firefighters were called to Windover Road yesterday.

Cambs Fire & Rescue Service

Firefighters rushed to the scene after the roof of a Huntingdon industrial building caught fire.

One crew from Sawtry, one from Huntingdon, and an aerial appliance from Cambridge were called to VIP Polymers in Windover Road at 2.17am yesterday (Thursday).

The fire, which was in a large piece of construction equipment, was extinguished using two hose reels and a jet. The aerial appliance was then used to inspect the roof space, before crews returned to their stations by 4.20am.

The fire was accidental, caused by an electrical fault.

0 comments

Welcome , please leave your message below.

Optional - JPG files only
Optional - MP3 files only
Optional - 3GP, AVI, MOV, MPG or WMV files
Comments

Please log in to leave a comment and share your views with other Hunts Post visitors.

We enable people to post comments with the aim of encouraging open debate.

Only people who register and sign up to our terms and conditions can post comments. These terms and conditions explain our house rules and legal guidelines.

Comments are not edited by Hunts Post staff prior to publication but may be automatically filtered.

If you have a complaint about a comment please contact us by clicking on the Report This Comment button next to the comment.

Not a member yet?

Register to create your own unique Hunts Post account for free.

Signing up is free, quick and easy and offers you the chance to add comments, personalise the site with local information picked just for you, and more.

Sign up now

12:00
Crosshall Infants School, have won a platinum award from ‘Sing Up.Org’ in recognition and celebration of pupils singing, Archie, Samuel, Cameron, Skye, Grace, Matthew, with teachers (front) Miss Jane Hemingway, (back) Mrs Rachael Whitfield, and Mrs Hannah Heeney.

Children and staff at Crosshall Infant School have sung their way to the top by receiving a special accolade.

The opening of Tree Tots Nursery, Hinchingbrooke Hospital, by (right - left) Lady De Ramsey, cutting the ribbon, with Ormiston Families Chief Executive Mark Heasman, and Director of Estates & Facilities Mark Cammies.

A new nursery at Hinchingbrooke Hospital was officially opened on Friday (January 23).

Yesterday, 16:00
Police have issued a warning over the scam.

A Huntingdonshire resident was scammed out of £10,000 by a man posing as a police officer.

Yesterday, 12:00
Norris Museum volunteer Chris Thomas with his Mammoth exhibition. Picture: HELEN DRAKE.

The St Ives life of an extinct animal is being explored in the Norris Museum’s latest exhibition.

”Calendar"/

Most read stories

Most commented stories

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Hunts Post e-edition today E-edition