Firefighters rescue man trapped in Godmanchester flat after fall

10:53 23 June 2014

Firefighters rescued a man from a house in St Ann's Lane, Godmanchester.

Firefighters rescued a man from a house in St Ann's Lane, Godmanchester.

Archant

Firefighters rescued a man through a first floor window after he fell in a flat in Godmanchester on Friday (June 20).

A man in his 70s fell and injured his back in a first-floor flat, in St Ann’s Lane, earlier in the day but as the staircase was too narrow to safely carry him out.

A fire crew from Huntingdon and a turntable ladder from Dogsthorpe, Peterborough, were called at 8.24pm. A spokesman said: “The staircase was too narrow to safely carry him out. Using the turntable ladder they were able to safely manoeuvre him out of the window onto the ladder and then to ground.”

The man’s GP rang the East of England Ambulance Service at 5.17pm, but the man’s condition was not thought to be serious so a time was agreed with firefighters and paramedics to take him to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge.

0 comments

Welcome , please leave your message below.

Optional - JPG files only
Optional - MP3 files only
Optional - 3GP, AVI, MOV, MPG or WMV files
Comments

Please log in to leave a comment and share your views with other Hunts Post visitors.

We enable people to post comments with the aim of encouraging open debate.

Only people who register and sign up to our terms and conditions can post comments. These terms and conditions explain our house rules and legal guidelines.

Comments are not edited by Hunts Post staff prior to publication but may be automatically filtered.

If you have a complaint about a comment please contact us by clicking on the Report This Comment button next to the comment.

Not a member yet?

Register to create your own unique Hunts Post account for free.

Signing up is free, quick and easy and offers you the chance to add comments, personalise the site with local information picked just for you, and more.

Sign up now

More news stories

12:09
Ernest Bryant

A community stalwart – who was instrumental in the building of the indoors bowls club in Huntingdon – has celebrated his 100th birthday.

10:05
Waitrose, Huntingdon,

A petition to save Waitrose in Huntingdon from closure has been backed by more than 700 people, who are all calling for talks to begin with the shop’s landlords.

Homeownerers in Cambridgeshire are being reminded to get their chimneys swept regularly following three chimney fires across the county in a day.

Yesterday, 16:00
The Rev Scott Watts with volunteers and staff at the service of remembrance

More than 50 balloons were released at Hinchingbrooke Hospital on Sunday during a service of remembrance.

Most read stories

Local business directory

Cambridgeshire's trusted business finder
HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Hunts Post e-edition E-edition

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter