Firefighters extinguish fire at St Neots recycling plant

10:34 07 February 2012

Archant

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a fire at a St Neots recyling plant this morning (Tuesday).

Two crews from St Neots were sent to Biffa in Marston Road at 7.55am and extinguished several small pockets of fire in an open door warehouse. The cause of fire was accidental.

Last night (Monday), a crew from Huntingdon put out a chimney fire in a house in Springfield Road, Alonbury Weston.

They were called at 10.05pm and used chimney rods to dislodge soot and debris that was on fire.

A spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”

0 comments

More news stories

Yesterday, 11:49
Mandeville Hall Kimbolton, has had Infrared heating to its Main Hall and Community & Youth Hall, (l-r) Chairman Robert Oliver, from ACRE Lisa Chambers, from WREN Kerry Talbot, Managing Director of ACRE Andy Bloore

Kimbolton residents and community groups are set to benefit following the installation of new state-of-the-art infrared heating panels and LED lighting in the Mandeville Hall.

Yesterday, 12:57
Cllr Mac McGuire is asking for feedback from residents.

The library in St Ives has been selected to trial new technology which could help safeguard its opening hours.

Yesterday, 08:33
Huntingdonshire District Council

A proposal to turn a Hemingford Abbots golf course into a First World War education hub has been deferred by Huntingdonshire District Council.

Sunday, May 29, 2016
Jordan Jones, from Muscle Monkey, in St Ives.

From designing t-shirts with friends to being scouted by major sportswear brands, a former St Ivo School pupil has reached the heights of retail success at the age of 20.

Most read stories

Local business directory

Cambridgeshire's trusted business finder
HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Hunts Post e-edition E-edition

Newsletter Sign Up