Firefighters called to Eltisley chimney fire

10:27 28 May 2014

A chimney caught fire in The Green yesterday morning.

A chimney caught fire in The Green yesterday morning.

Archant

Firefighters tackled a chimney fire in Eltisley.

One crew from Gamlingay was called to The Green at 10.10am yesterday (Tuesday).

On arrival, they extinguished the flames before returning to their station by 12.45pm.

The cause of the fire was accidental.

A fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”

0 comments

Welcome , please leave your message below.

Optional - JPG files only
Optional - MP3 files only
Optional - 3GP, AVI, MOV, MPG or WMV files
Comments

Please log in to leave a comment and share your views with other Hunts Post visitors.

We enable people to post comments with the aim of encouraging open debate.

Only people who register and sign up to our terms and conditions can post comments. These terms and conditions explain our house rules and legal guidelines.

Comments are not edited by Hunts Post staff prior to publication but may be automatically filtered.

If you have a complaint about a comment please contact us by clicking on the Report This Comment button next to the comment.

Not a member yet?

Register to create your own unique Hunts Post account for free.

Signing up is free, quick and easy and offers you the chance to add comments, personalise the site with local information picked just for you, and more.

Sign up now

More news stories

8 minutes ago
Buckden Primary School pupils at Grafham Water

Pupils from Buckden Primary School breathed new life into Grafham Water’s drought garden as part of National Gardening Week.

Yesterday, 16:49

Two former Kimbolton School teachers charged with a number of sex offences against children are due to appear at Peterborough Crown Court on Tuesday (May 3).

Yesterday, 14:00
Huntingdon Bowls Club refurbishment, (l-r) Secretary Mike Anderson, and Chairman Mick Verlander,

Bowls club members have celebrated the opening of their redeveloped clubhouse after suffering three break-ins and a fire last year.

Yesterday, 13:17

Fire service investigators believe an electrical adaptor was to blame for a blaze which broke out at a pub in Eaton Socon on Thursday night (April 28).

Most read stories

Local business directory

Cambridgeshire's trusted business finder
HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Hunts Post e-edition E-edition

Newsletter Sign Up